“DON'T STAY HERE!”

Amerivu Inn and Suites Cumberland
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cumberland
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I travel a lot for business and stay in hotels about 5-10 nights a month on average. This hotel is one of the WORST experiences I have EVER had!!! The manager is lucky I didn't put him in the hospital he was so obnoxious! This place is a trap since it is the only game in town! The owner/management proprietor is incredibly rude, and treats you not as a guest but as an invader out to destroy his hotel! The service was absolutely terrible, the price was far more than the hotel could ever deserve, the breakfast was a joke, the hotel is old and needs updating badly since things kept breaking in the short time we were there (including the shower and the refrigerator). The room AC sucked. I would NEVER EVER stay there again and would not advise anyone else to do so! Go to Rice Lake about 10 minutes away and stay in new, nice hotels that were cheaper and treat you as real guests and customers, not inmates!

Room Tip: Go to a hotel in the nearby towns - any of them!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Georgey_the_monkey

Reviewed 23 August 2012

OWNER! of hotel was very rude and treats GUESTS like theyre inconveniencing HIM. horrible experience, very expensive room with minimal amenities....very minimal not even enough soap for two people! Owner seemed to be under the influence and belligerent we will never ever stay here again. worst experience ever!

Room Tip: go to another hotel. save your trip.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank catherine s
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a wedding. It is one of only a few hotels in town, and we were told it is the nicest one. We have lots of family in town but didn't want to inconvenience anyone so we thought we would stay at the hotel. Next time I'll drive to Rice Lake instead or drive the 3 hours home.

The hotel is very clean. My husband spends about 10 minutes checking any hotel room we stay in looking for bugs and filth. He found none here. The room was spotless. It also was pretty bare, no coffee pot, one tiny bar of soap, 2 scratchy small towels, one thin blanket on the bed, you get the picture. It did have a refrigerator in the room, which is a bonus. We found the wireless internet to be awesome - very quick. Breakfast was little debbie snacks. Good thing there are some great cafes in town! But for $100 a night this hotel is very overpriced.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank burkehouse
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This place is a joke. Made reservations and was given a total cost for the room...but then charged $15 occupancy fee on top of that. I argued to no avail. Wifi was non-existent except in lobby and pool area. Speaking of pool, I actually had to get out of the hot tub because I was chilled! There were strange hairs in the bed and the comforter had orange stains, like someone had been eating Cheetohs in bed! The towels are small and rough and we were not given enough for the number of people in our suite. Had to request more at the front desk and were treated as if we were stealing them. Believe me, no one would want them! we were given one packet..yes, packet..of shampoo for the three nights stay for three people. The soap was so small you could lose it in a wrinkle and no extras. Breakfast was pre-packaged snack cakes. We didn't partake. Next time, we'll stay in Rice Lake. This is a cheap place that costs way too much!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank Cricket1949
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I was there to meet my family and was visiting for a night. The rooms were very nice and clean enjoyed a flat screen TV with a comfy king size bed. The check inn was very quick. It also had a pool and hot tub which seemed to be very clean, but we never got a chance to use it. Had a nice and simple breakfast with oatmeal, cereal, bread, bagel and a few sweet items. Overall it was a comfortable stay, will definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank harry p
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We were there for new years and I have got to say the stay was amazing. There were no problems and the swimming pool and hot tub were extremely accommodating and clean. The person at the front desk was nice and was willing to help. We asked if somebody could drop us at the casino and the owner gave us a solution, we found a ride to the nearby casino. In the summer I hope to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2011

I went there to visit my family for a family reunion. My kids enjoyed the relaxing hot tub and beautiful pool. The people at the front desk were very friendly and polite. We had a great stay and would hope to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank justin j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
#6 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Amerivu Inn and Suites Cumberland? Share your experiences!