“Relaxing Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Cumberland
Albion, Idaho
“Relaxing Weekend”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My family and I stayed at this motel in Noivember and it was really nice. The motel was very clean and the rooms were dust free. Beds wer comfortable and the pool was a nice touch to end the day of right. The customer service was quick. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Suburban Chicago, IL
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Very clean rooms and comfortable mattresses. However, mattress on sleeper sofa was horrible; not worth the extra money for the suite to accommodate extra people as you really can't sleep on it. We were also charged an extra $10/night for my 16 year old, uncommon in the industry. Breakfast consisted of sugary carbs (no protein or fruit) so plan to eat out if you want a decent meal. The hotel is non-smoking, although it must have allowed smoking in the past as I could still detect a lingering odor (although I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke). Stayed for 3 nights and ran out of Kleenex on day 1, but it was never replenished. Shampoo and bar soap was also never replenished; conditioner was nonexistent. Sheets were clean but threadbare. Low grade towels as you would expect in a budget hotel, but this place was far from a budget price. Paid $129-$149 for the "suite" (2 queen beds plus a sleeper sofa; one old TV, dated furnishings), but when you're the nicest hotel in town I guess you can charge a premium for subpar service. Would only stay there again if absolutely necessary.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Cumberland hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had Friday and Sat pm reservations in a block of rooms designated for a wedding that was held late on Saturday afternoon. When we arrived on Friday, they couldn't "find" our Saturday reservation. The young male and female staff member were so rude about the problem, it was unbelievable. They informed us that we HAD to stay in their hotel on Friday night, per their cancellation fees. This meant that we had to checkout by 10am and not check in to the new hotel until 2pm for a 4 pm wedding. A long discussion ensued, but they told us over and over that "this wasn't their problem". No apologies were ever made and when we asked to speak to the owner, they just laughed at us and said that he would be nastier to us than they were.
As I checked for paper work on our reservation, I realized that I had none. No email confirmation or letter was ever sent. If you ever decide to stay there, be sure to have something written. Even if you have something, there is a disclaimer on the checkin counter stating that they may not honor it.
As far as the room goes, you can see through the bath towels, they left us 1 kleenex in the kleenex box and 3 strips of toilet paper on the roll. The continental breakfast was like eating cardboard.
This hotel should go out of business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank travelingbuckeye2
Glenview, KY
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The rooms were very clean and the stay was great, it almost didnt seem like a motel because of cleanliness. The check in was quick and the pool water was clean. I would recommend staying, clean and affordable motel in a little town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, but the experience I had at the Cumberland Inn and Suites was by far the worse. It wasn't just because my room smelled or that the beds were super uncomfortable but I was treated horribly. The staff were down right rude. They gripped about giving me my AAA discount, because I booked it online (which was THEIR website which didn't give me an option for a discount at the time of booking) I booked two nights and told them Friday that I would not be staying on Saturday. The desk clerk told me that there was a 48 hour cancellation policy. She was uncompromising and unhelpful even though I was unsatisfied. When I asked politely to speak to the manager, I knew I was in trouble when she said she was it. She went as far to tell me she will NOT be speaking to the owner. I wouldn't mind it if I was paying under $100 a night, but for $150+, you would think there would be maid service or at least a dry towel for the next day. If you have no choice and need to stay, don't forget soap, hair conditioner and toothpaste. It will save you a, "who do you think we are? The Ritz?"

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,004 helpful votes
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We arrived by chance and had a very good welcome from the very friendly receptionist. You have a mere 2 minute drive or a ten/fifteen minute walk to town.

The room was as expected....big with two queens as against our usual king (my knee was killing me!) and clean, as was the spotless bathroom.

Breakfast was very poor and hence the 3 and not 4 rating. Very, very little choice and not good quality. Everything was basically gone and not replenished. I had to ask to replenish the oatmeal, bread, milk, tea, etc. this is not acceptable...it is not up to your guests to have to ask for breakfast items.

Would I stay again? No...I certainly would go out of my way and rush here. But it is a good enough place to stay if passing through.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Taylorsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stayed at the motel for the 4th of July. The checkin was very quick and the price affordable. Breakfast was included, clean rooms, pool was very clean and employees were very helpful. Hoping to visit again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
Cobblestone Inn & Suites Barron
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rice Lake
AmeriVu Inn and Suites - Shell Lake
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#1 of 8 in Rice Lake
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rice Lake
The Lodge at Crooked Lake

Been to Cumberland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!