“Zero personality waitress”

Grand River Oasis
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Dalton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The food may be OK to good, but the service tastes terrible, if you get any. The woman working on our visit was as friendly as a Mexican rattlesnake bite. Prepare to be treated like you are not welcome in the least. If you dare ask for food, you are inconveniencing her even more. It is like she is being forced to work there as a slave or just could not find work anywhere else. I would rather drive 100 miles to a taco bell and pay 5 star restaurant prices, then go to this po-dunk restaurant again. The only reason it gets good reviews is because locals have nothing better to choose from. That is the honest truth, and I'm a local.

2  Thank Oasis C

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is the best Mexican restaurant that I have eaten at in Wisconsin. It is a bit out of the way, actually it is in the middle of Amish country. It is well worth the drive though. The owner is from Mexico and all the food is authentic. If you're into Americanized Mexican food, stick to Pedro's.

The food is very reasonably priced. If you go, you have to get the nachos for an appetizer. You get about 15 nachos, each individually stacked with real cheese, beans, salsa, guacamole, and their secret white sauce. I usually get the taquitos that comes with a guacamole salad in the middle. My wife likes the tostada supreme. The owner remembers what I order, I guess we go there a lot.

For the negatives, the place is a dive bar, but it is clean . Also, the owners wife is often your waitress and she isn't the very friendly, but she has warmed to us. You have to ask for the bill, the never seem to take a hint. Apparently, the tamales are not very good. A couple of my friends have gotten them and said the same thing. Bummer because I love tamales.

The delicious and well priced food by far outweighs any of the negatives. They have regular bar food too, burgers, etc., but I've only had the Mexican food as it is their specialty. If you are in the area, give it a try. It truly is an oasis in the middle of nowhere.

3  Thank Kyle G
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Just finished the nightly special; Chicken Mole'. It was outstanding! As stated in earlier reviews, if you can get past the rustic atmosphere, it's great food. Service was good, we did have to wait longer than normal, but the small kitchen was swamped with take out orders. We'd go back in a heartbeat, probably on our next jaunt around with the Harley!

2  Thank Bubbagags
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I have been to a lot of Mexican restaurants but this is the best food around, granted it does not have "atmosphere" but I would rather go to a place that has good food rather than to some place that looks nice and has bad food! The prices are reasonable and my wife and I will drive up from Muskego (about 90 miles) just to eat here!

2  Thank Rick G
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Greatest mexican food in the area. Authentic and reasonable priced. Super margaritas The staff is relaxed and friendly. Almost like you're in their kitchen.

1  Thank Barb J