“Great mini get-a-way”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Danbury
St. Croix Casino Danbury
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Danbury
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have stayed here several times with our grandchildren and we have so much fun. The pool is great for family fun. The arcade is a little small but still okay. The rooms have always been clean and comfy. The hotel staff are awesome and the buffet is pretty good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were at the casino/hotel to celebrate my birthday. Check in was great, the room was huge and very clean.

Had a great time at the casino, enjoyed the lounge with live music for dancing. They always have a great drink special on some sort of beer.

After we got home a week later I realized I had left something in the hotel room (I searched everywhere at home), called the hotel to see if they had my lost item, sure enough! They put it in the mail to me and I received it in a few days.

I will definitely return as we always have a great time.

Room Tip: The rooms are huge, at least the one we had.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marysrg
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I came from Siren to meet some friends up at the casino. My friends came in from the cities for a weekend visit. I brought what I thought would be enough cash for me to play for a couple of hours. I wasn't expecting to win big or even win, I just wanted to play for a bit while my friends ate at the buffet. In a blink of an eye ($60 gone in 15 minutes), I was out of cash. This is a super tight casino.
I saw very few winners. Most folks were sitting at their machines shaking their heads, looking very disappointed and grumbling a lot.
I think the only reason this casino's rating stars aren't 1 or 2 only, is because people are rating the lodge or hotel higher. The casino lodge places smoking guest in their non-smoking rooms. I found this out from my friends who said their non-smoking room stunk of cigarette smoke and there were burns in the carpet and bedspreads. I have no idea what their in house rooms are like, I suspect noisy though because they're upstair from the casino.
In any event, I would not recommend this casino or it's hotel/rooms if you want to stay and play for awhile. Simply put, you could lose your money in less than a half hour, then have none play with for the next day. That's what happened to my friends. They said they won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't choose any! Stay away
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Clarance E
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room in the lodge was a stinky mess, (wanted non smoking yet the room had burn hole in the night stand) The casino was so tight we lost our weekend money in one night! There were to cleaning people anywhere. Only one waitress came to ask if we wanted a drink. We said no, because the drinks were too high for what we were paying and playing. $20.00 in a breath of a moment was gone!
We wont go back. The rooms 0 for 5, the casino 0 for 5
Save your money, go to Vegas or any place else!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Len W
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This review will be for the St. Croix Lodge (the former Hole in the Wall motel across the parking lot from the new casino). I have stayed at the Lodge a half dozen times over the last several years and have always had a very positive experience. For a very reasonable cost (I paid $47 plus tax on a Saturday night) you get a nice room within a very short walk of the casino. The room, while slightly dated, is always clean with everything working properly. You get a microwave, fridge, and a modern flat screen television. There are only 15 channels available so I guess they would rather you be in the casino than in your room watching television. The Grand Casino Hotel 28 miles away in comparison offers 78 channels in their rooms. The free internet service was excellent. My room however had no in room coffee, hair dryer, or iron/ironingboard. Coffee is available in the lobby.

The casino has all the games I like to play. Blackjack is either 6 deck shoe or 2 deck pitch (hand held). The video poker schedules are somewhat tight (JoB is 6-5 all the way from 5c thru $1) but they have a variety of low denomination (5c and 25c) machines so your money can last a while. However, be prepared to be bombarded by second hand smoke. Because smoking is banned in most or all public indoor spaces in Wisconsin and Minnesota, you can get the idea that smoking is dying. All you have to do is go to an Indian casino in Wisconsin or Minnesota (where the states' clean indoor air laws do not have to enforced) and you are reminded that smoking is alive and well, especially among young people who should know better.

I always look forward to eating at the buffet. While there is not a particularly large selection of items, the price is right and if you go away hungry it is your own fault. The lounge can be a fun place with some top notch local talent on weekends.

Count me as one who will always look forward to my next trip to St. Croix Danbury.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My best friend and I just got back from a weekend there...had a great time!!! The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly and the food was really good! My favorite part was playing craps, the staff was great...very helpful and friendly..we jumped up and down, high fived and met several friendly people..if you are a people person, then I strongly suggest the game of craps. Very fun game and the staff is eager to help!! All staff there is very friendly. The band in the bar was awesome, we danced all night.We also loved the pool and hot tub, was usually pretty empty, water was warm and hot tub felt wonderful. I will go back again and again!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went to Danbury St Croix Casino on New Years Day 2014. Was happy when we arrived, our 50.00 per night room was lovely, all new. Went down to the first bar, and liked that because you dont have to gamble. 1.00 any tap beer was a great deal. Went into the casino and gambled off my same 10.00 for 3 hours actually won a bit. We went to the buffet, and couldn't believe the price. 8.00 for all you can eat crab and prime rib, plus all the other entrees. Delicious.

Pool and hot tub were great, missed a sauna, but oh well.
I would go back again for sure. Decent drive from the cities and a nice getaway for a day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danbury
Heartwood Conference Center & Retreat
Best Western Northwoods Lodge
The Lodge at Crooked Lake

Been to St. Croix Casino Danbury? Share your experiences!