All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskwisconsin cheesemadison areastandard hi expressoff the highwayquiet staynice breakfastwedding partyking bedgas stationa great staybeds were comfortableone night stayeasy accesscontinental breakfasthot tub
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just West of Madison is Deforest. It's a suburb. It give a nice feel to the area because it's not super busy like the big city would be, but it also is in a populated location with eating options like Culvers, and Macdonalds along with some other sit down places. There is also a well known cheese and gift shop right across the street if that is the sort of thing you might be into.

The room itself was very clean and organized. Everything was up to date appliance wise including a flat screen TV, fridge and microwave. It is what you would expect from this chain. The staff, especially the night staff, were excellent. They offered us fresh baked cookies and extra bonus points and water because we were reward members (Even if you are not a rewards member you could still get cookies).

I was fortunate to spend some time with the night clerk and he shared his story about how he got to Madison. It might not mean a lot to the average guest, but for me it was a wonderful opportunity to get to know someone different.

If you are traveling and need a good solid place to stay this would be my top choice. It's everything I expected from an Express and then some!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kae S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area), responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear desell4
Thank you so much for taking the time to critique our hotel. We love that you had a great experience, exactly what you would expect! We look forward to your next visit!
Kae Shisler/General Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it is close to Madison and many of the Madison hotels were full. I was a bit concerned when I pulled up because the outside looks a bit worn. However, check in was easy, the hotel was clean, and my room was very nice. I had a king bed with a couch and a refrigerator. My only slight concern was that I couldn't get the room as cool as I would have liked. They have a fitness room and pool and I always like a free breakfast! The selection was pretty good---even had skim milk. The exit that this hotel is located on does have a few fast food type choices: McDonalds, Taco Bell and Subway to name a few. It is about 10 minutes to the East Towne Mall exit in Madison. So, I would recommend this as an affordable option.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kae S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area), responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our hotel and your stay. Our guest's comments mean the world to us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here and rooms were OK. Temp control was not the best but it satisfied my stay. Close to highway so it makes easy on off. Room and bathroom is small. Bathroom sink is in the entrance hallway to your room actually.

• Stayed: April 2014
Kae S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deforest (Madison Area), responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Sirepmils,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to hear that you have not encountered any service problems during your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Kae Shisler, General Manager

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I enjoyed everything about my stay. Staff was friendly - room was spotless, Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Great option to stay when visiting either the Dells or Madison. Perfect location for the business I needed to do in the area. I will return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gopackgo2014,
Thank you so much for the positive review on the Holiday Inn Express of Deforest. We so appreciate that your loved your stay! That is what we strive for, after all, for our guests to be relaxed and feel themselves. We look forward to your future stays. Kae Shisler, General Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2014

While traveling on business in the U.S., I frequently stayed at this hotel. The Front Desk staff, Breakfast Room personnel and Cleaning services were one of the most pleasant I had experienced during my career. Everyone made me feel at home and "part of the family".

This will be one of the places I will miss in returement.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear EpacWeb,
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review for the Holiday Inn Express of Deforest. I am so glad that you felt like you were at home. We want our guests to feel relaxed and to be able to be themselves. We look forward to your future visits. Kae Shisler/General Manager