“I hate hidden charges”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“I hate hidden charges”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

All in all this is a nice, clean property. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the decor was up to date. At check-in, you get the normal sheet and was asked to "sign here"allowing for your card to be run. There was also a place to initial the rate. In the morning my bill was slipped under the door and I noticed there was a safe warranty charge of $1.50. I commented that I did not use the safe and did not remember initialing the charge. That is when I was told I had signed for the charge at check-in. I then saw a sign about 6 feet away at the end of the counter.They gladly took the charge off but it was an annoying part to an otherwise pleasant stay. If you are looking for a Choice Hotel in the Green Bay area I would highly recommend this property. Just beware of the hidden extra charges.

Room Tip: There is road construction that is re-routing traffics in front of the building. Ask about a quiet r...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Fortyplusoutayear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Manistique Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed here with my daughter and grand kids to do school shopping. It is a real nice place. It was clean and the staff was very nice. The kids used the pool and hot tub, They loved it. The breakfast in the morning was very good.We had a rollaway brought in for the youngest child. All in all it was a great stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Aurora, IL
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Wife and I came up and stayed here for the Thursday night Bears/Packer game. Location of the hotel from Lambeau was fine, no issues here. Room was nicely decorated, pool/hot tub no issues. Beds were fine (better than I had anticipated) but there were only 4 small pillows on the bed. Although they were nice pillows it was initially odd to get comfortable but once asleep there was no problem.

Here is why we deduct a star. Upon check in we were confused by a strange off-handed comment by the Front Desk clerk who seemed like she was just trying to "relate" to us being from Chicago. The conversation went "Oh, so you are from Chicago? You guys are always like Whatchu talkin about?" Was this an off handed racist comment or was it an archaic "Diff'rent Strokes" comment that was only the first thing that came to her mind? I thought this even more strange because my wife and I arent African-American. We didnt make a comment back to her about this because we just wanted to keep it moving. Awkward moment to say the least. I suppose it was bad on our part for not bringing this up to a manager but we didnt want any "ado" on our trip.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesse V
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 September 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel. It was exceptionally clean which I love. The staff was super friendly. The rooms were cleaned promptly each morning. There is an adequate breakfast buffet with light fare. I might request a second floor room next time. It was a little bit loud in the morning but not too bad. Shuttle picked up right at the front door to take passengers to the stadium. Round trip was only $6 each. Great deal.

Room Tip: Probably would ask for 2nd floor. Might be a little bit quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was a clean friendly place to stay. The first night, the frig was making a loud noise so someone came and unplugged it. He said they would fix it the next day. That did not happen. I reported it again and was told it would be fixed. On to day 3, it was not fixed. I did leave and had reservations to return in a few days. The second stay I had a room where everything worked.
Also, had problems with the waffle maker. Others had some problems with it sticking and dough not getting done properly. Other than these human errors, I will probably stay here again since it is close to family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Princeton, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place has recently been updated and looks great. The decor is clean and minimalist, very attractive. Our family of 4 shared a double queen suite and it was HUGE. Plenty of room for all. As other reviewers mentioned, there is not true closet, but we found the wardrobe more that sufficient. Extensive, cable channels, new flat screen tv, and free wi-fi were welcomed additions. We found the shower/ toilet room rather cramped which was funny as the room was massive. That being said, we will stay here again. The rooms were huge and clean and attractive!

However, the walls are paper thin. Noise from the hallway kept me awake. (We were on the third floor at the end of the hall so this should not have been an issue.) And the breakfast room is a train-wreck. While the food was okay, the room arrangement is terrible. The space is cramped. Folks who want a yogurt and banana must fight those in line for the waffle maker and toaster. A hot food in one section and cold items in another makes more sense. No need to fight a guy waiting for sausage when all you want is some orange juice for a waiting kindergartener!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room to avoid noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 April 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, nicely appointed and clean rooms. Free WiFi, terrific LG flat screen TV, LG climate control.

Odd there was no closet, but rather a minimalist-style armoire.

First Floor room was a bit noisy from the hall side, could barely hear the sound of traffic from the adjacent US 41.

Would have loved a small in-room fridge and microwave, these amenities absent from this otherwise very good choice for lodging.

• Stayed April 2012
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#20 of 41 in Green Bay
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Green Bay

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites, Green Bay Airport? Share your experiences!