“Fall Caress at the Kress”

Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was here on business for one night found this little gem right next to St Norbert's catholic college. It's not a Hyatt but there aren't any...Only a few miles from the airport, this was really a relaxing evening after the long flight to Green Bay. Very nice room, clean, great place to work. Walked around the lovely campus and enjoyed that cool Wisconsin clean air on an early fall evening. Not much going on here, quiet and peaceful, friendly people, just a relaxing stay.

Close to plenty of restaurants. Ambled into the Alley just a few steps away after "Yelping" all my options and bingo, $1 burger night on Mondays! If I have business in De Pere, Kress is the only way to go.

Room Tip: On the way out of town there is a cheese shop in the airport, believe me when I tell you buy it all...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Foodie2D

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband & I stayed on a Packer Game Weekend. This is a quiet, quaint hotel. Beds were very comfortable and staff very friendly. Location is great. Bars and restaurants within walking distance and on the St Norbert Campus. The breakfast buffet was a bit institutional but otherwise the stay was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the BEST hotel that I have stayed at in recent times, much much better then the big name brand. So personal that you feel you are at home. Ample parking space and the hotel is part of the St. Norbit College which is next door. The front desk staff and the management care so much about their guest that they will go out of their way to recommend place to visit and eat. Behind the hotel, on Main street there are plenty of places to eat and drink and all within a walking distance. If you like big "busy" " boxy " hotel they do not stay here because it'e the complete opposite. They have a great breakfast and happy hour where you feel at home. Highly recommended .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had a nice stay at the Kress Inn. The location was great and close to a lot of restaurants. The staff was friendly and promptly helped me out when I accidentally locked myself out of my room!

The room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet.

Definitely a bit different than what I am used to..has a bit of a unique charm that chain hotels just don't have. I loved it!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you loved our hotel. Our beautiful downtown location does put us close to several great restaurants. Hopefully you were able to try a couple during your stay. We pride ourselves on offering radical hospitality at all times and it sounds like you experienced that in both the service at the Front Desk and in your clean and comfortable room. Our staff really does try to make this a home away from home. You described us perfectly, a little different, a little unique! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent a recent weekend at the Kress Inn while in Green Bay for a wedding. We were very pleased with accommodations. Our room was comfortable and the bathroom large and well lit. We found the staff helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.
We weren't looking for amenities such as hot tubs or pools and since we shower, weren't concerned with the absence of a bathtub. We found the room to be very clean and well stocked with paper products and items such as shampoo and lotions. The buffet breakfast was well stocked.
We wholeheartedly endorse the Kress Inn and hope to return someday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kress Inn on your recent visit, we love being able to share in celebrations! We are so delighted to hear that you were pleased with your stay. Our staff works hard to ensure that each area of our hotel is very clean and that we have what it takes to make our guests feel comfortable during their stay. We are also very fortunate that all of our staff are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They love what they do and it shows. We hope you have the opportunity to come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my first trip to this particular hotel. I could have chosen Sleep Inn or Quality Inn or even Comfort Suites, but decided to try the Ascent Collection. The room was nice, comfortable. Apparently this particular hotel had only showers. The internet went down while I was reading important mail. Called the front desk - no answer. Called the internet provider Ethostream. They answered, said they would call hotel front desk, ask them to "reboot" their system. I went down to front desk, no one was around. I travel frequently and stay at lots of hotels. I know of what I speak! There should ALWAYS be a staff member at front desk. I could have taken the computer monitor or anything else. Front desk staff should stay at front desk, not hide in back room. I wanted directions to a certain restaurant. No one around to ask! Being new in area. Last time I will come here!

Room Tip: Several cars parked at entrance. Lucky to get spot just to check in. Parking lot across street was s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We understand that you have many lodging choices when you travel and we take that very seriously by trying to always provide outstanding guest service. We are glad that you thought your room was nice and comfortable. Unfortunately, it sounds like the rest of the service you expect during your stay, and we want to provide, was lacking. Being a small hotel from time to time our staff has to take care of guest and service needs throughout the hotel. Someone on our staff should always be accessible by phone and an unanswered phone call is inexcusable. We also know that all of our guests rely on the internet and when there is a disruption in the service it makes your stay less satisfying. We are working with our internet provider, Ethostream, to ensure that our service remains reliable to help prevent guests being impacted especially during hours of prime use. I truly apologize for the trouble you experienced during your stay with us; we strive daily for high guest satisfaction and fell extremely short during your stay.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Such a clean and comfortable hotel. Staff was very helpful. Sharing a room, I slept on the pullout bed. Even that was comfortable. I left my iPad charger behind in the room after check out. They found it and are shipping it to me at no cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We are so glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Our staff works extremely hard to take care of each and every guest that stays with us. From extremely clean rooms to terrific guest service, we each take pride in serving our guests. I am also glad we were able to reconnect you with your ipad charger and sending it back at no charge is just our way of continuing to offer great guest service even after your stay. We hope you visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near De Pere
#5 of 42 in Green Bay
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Green Bay East
Sleep Inn & Suites, Green Bay Airport
Hampton Inn Green Bay Downtown

Been to Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection? Share your experiences!