“Kress Inn - St Norbert College - DePere - Quiet location”

Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Kress Inn - St Norbert College - DePere - Quiet location”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

As a returning guest, overall our visit was comfortable and pleasant. However, from the minute I made our reservation, I felt things were just "off" slightly; confirmation was messed up, I didn't find the staff as accommodating and knowledgeable as I have in the past. Our reservation was made months in advance, for a whirlpool / fireplace suite - only to be checked into a room with no view. Carpet in the room was stained, drywall poorly patched in the whirlpool area - rattly window grates every time the door opened and closed. No cookies at the front desk. I was disappointed to have our rate double for the Saturday evening stay as it was a Green Bay Packer game weekend, and have it rationalized as - "that's what other properties in the area are doing", "we're just staying competitive". Generally, I was disappointed that the Kress hospitality that we've enjoyed in past seemed to lacking, if not gone. Although the property is small, quiet and generally comfortable - I don't believe I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaCrosseIndians
Laura N, Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel from this past weekend. I am so sorry that you encountered a less than satisfying stay while you were here at the Kress Inn; it is certainly not what we strive for or expect any of our guests to experience. We pride ourselves on making each guest feel comfortable by serving as a home away from home as we welcome each traveler to our Inn. I have already begun addressing each of these points from your stay with the appropriate staff. From Management, Maintenance, and Front Desk it sounds like we all had a part in your stay not being the best it could be. I have sent you a separate email detailing what we have done to hopefully accommodate you for your disappointment in your stay. We do hope that you will reconsider and give us another try to live up to the expectations we have for our staff and our Inn. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further needs. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hidden Valley Lake, California
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very charming, glad it is part of Choicehotels. Had a comfortable stay for business. Lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, complete with Green Bay Packer hospitality. Shower was incredible. Loved the workspace counter bar area. The only drawback was that I was not upgraded as a Platinum member even though there were very few people staying that night.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ks714
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed one night on business and was pleasantly surprised. This was a true bargain for the rate. The room was pleasant, well appointed, clean, and comfortable and the staff efficient and helpful. Enjoyed the offer of wine or lemonade at the front desk in the evening. I didn't need the extra sink and counter, but would have appreciated it in the morning if I had been traveling with family or friends. With some directions from the front desk, I walked across the river to the walking/bike path and enjoyed a beautiful evening while getting some exercise.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank weaver56
Anoka
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights on business recently. Front desk personnel was thorough, courteous and efficient without being too "business like".
The room was very well appointed. Note that it is missing the normal plethora of charging outlets that most have come to expect. That not withstanding it was a very clean, very comfortable room. Clean to a fault actually.
I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Brian T
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was here on business for one night found this little gem right next to St Norbert's catholic college. It's not a Hyatt but there aren't any...Only a few miles from the airport, this was really a relaxing evening after the long flight to Green Bay. Very nice room, clean, great place to work. Walked around the lovely campus and enjoyed that cool Wisconsin clean air on an early fall evening. Not much going on here, quiet and peaceful, friendly people, just a relaxing stay.

Close to plenty of restaurants. Ambled into the Alley just a few steps away after "Yelping" all my options and bingo, $1 burger night on Mondays! If I have business in De Pere, Kress is the only way to go.

Room Tip: On the way out of town there is a cheese shop in the airport, believe me when I tell you buy it all...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Foodie2D
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband & I stayed on a Packer Game Weekend. This is a quiet, quaint hotel. Beds were very comfortable and staff very friendly. Location is great. Bars and restaurants within walking distance and on the St Norbert Campus. The breakfast buffet was a bit institutional but otherwise the stay was great!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is the BEST hotel that I have stayed at in recent times, much much better then the big name brand. So personal that you feel you are at home. Ample parking space and the hotel is part of the St. Norbit College which is next door. The front desk staff and the management care so much about their guest that they will go out of their way to recommend place to visit and eat. Behind the hotel, on Main street there are plenty of places to eat and drink and all within a walking distance. If you like big "busy" " boxy " hotel they do not stay here because it'e the complete opposite. They have a great breakfast and happy hour where you feel at home. Highly recommended .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 41 in Green Bay
Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium
Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport
Hampton Inn Green Bay Downtown

Been to Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection? Share your experiences!