“Do Yourself A Favor”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in De Pere
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
“Do Yourself A Favor”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Whether traveling for work or pleasure, if you are in the area stay at the Kress Inn at St Norbert's
College. Our room was spacious and had a great desk area plus a couch. We were watching the Olympics so we appreciated the excellent TV quality and free WI FI service. But the most important thing was how we were treated. They take their mission of hospitality as a spiritual act.
They are there to make your stay as comfortable as possible within the limits of their organization.
We stayed there while attending a wedding over Valentine's Day. We appreciated the friendliness,
cleanliness and great morning breakfasts.
We travel to Green Bay at least 4-5 times a year. Based on this experience The Kress Inn will
have all our future business.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor near the exercise room. It is small but no one was using it while w...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Wadsworth, Illinois
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Our son attends St. Norbert College in De Pere, WI and when we visit, we often stay here. The hotel is neat and clean and cozy. Rooms are well appointed. Most rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, double sinks in the bathrooms too. The staff is friendly. Even though the hotel is on the St. Norbert College Campus it is quiet. You are in walking distance to some fine restaurants, sandwich shops, pubs ,the Luna Coffee Shop and the campus church, Old St. Joe's. The only thing that could be improved is the breakfasts that are served as part of your stay. They could use some updating.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pjstef
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Really pleased to share this update and the positive, attentive communication that I received and appreciated, after our last visit. I shared my concerns with the Kress Inn Manager, Ms. Nikolay, after our last stay - Ms. Nikolay was compassionate to my concerns and swift to action - her sincerity and resolutions went above and beyond my expectations. I understand things don't always go "according to Hoyle" and I believe you truly learn the quality of the business and it's people when the business, their employees, and processes get tested when something goes amiss. We enjoy staying at the Kress Inn, clearly a quality facility and organization - thank you Ms Nikolay for taking time to listen to my concerns and your swift resolution. We'll be back soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fitchburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Thin walls but great amenities! I can hear every word of my neighbors personal phone conversation, which is upsetting as I am trying to fall asleep. The desk, fridge and microwave and excellent touches though. The second sink in this room is unnecessary as I am traveling by myself; this would be a great place to stay with someone for multiple nights in a row

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Molly A
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My husband and I travel quite a bit for business and leisure. We have high standards, and the Kress Inn surpassed my expectations. I personally want hotel rooms that are clean, quiet, and cozy - and the Kress Inn gave me just that. The staff were friendly and accommodating and it was a pleasure! I look forward to staying their in the future! Excellent!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CC-ELL
Laura N, General Manager at Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We are so pleased that the Kress Inn surpassed your expectations. Our staff takes great pride in providing an extremely clean and friendly hotel and we are so happy that you were able to experience that first hand during your stay. It is our hope that each guest that enters our lobby feels the warmth and cozy nature of our Inn. We can’t wait to welcome you back during your next visit to the area!
Gladstone, Michigan
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here for the first time with a Gift Certificate. The folks were friendly and the room spacious. I have never seen a bathroom that huge in a hotel room. I was on the 3rd floor looking down over a parking lot. The room was very quiet but had trouble locking the door. Had to get the attendant to help with it. The bed was comfy and the room was equipped with Microwave,Frig, Flat Screen and plenty of closet, dresser space. The halls were wide and long. There were plenty of folks on our floor and there was some noise later in the evening. Another University Basketball team was staying there for a game and took many of the rooms. Came down for breakfast and the breakfast room and Lobby was overflowing. They were out of a lot of breakfast items including coffee, had to make more. Get down there early if you like choices....There is no pool and the exercise room is very small. Not room for more than 2 people. Parking except for a few handicap space is across the street in an adjoining lot. I would recommend this place if you don't pay full price. Otherwise unless you need to be at St. Norbert or De Pere and have no wheels I would find somewhere more affordable.

This hotel does have a history of famous people like Charles Lindburgh and the Dutchess of York staying there and has pictures on the wall to document it.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator towards the back of the building. Make sure the door lock works...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank scholr27
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 December 2013

It seemed like a tall order -- a hotel for a couple's last-minute getaway ... in the greater Green Bay area ... just before the weekend of a Packer game. Enter the Kress Inn, a hidden jewel in the lovely town of DePere, just south of Green Bay (but a world away). On (or right next to) the St. Norbert College campus, the Kress Inn is beautiful, well-run, clean, well-appointed, comfortable, quiet, and staffed with friendly, helpful people. And with all of that, it is very reasonably priced. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Kress and can attest to the truth of the Norbertine tradition of "radical hospitality." There's an old story of how the late Queen Juliana of the Netherlands once visited a Dutch island in the Caribbean and spent some rare time alone on a boat ride down a beautiful river; when she disembarked, she said to her host, "Thank you so much -- I've been myself for half an hour." That's how we felt after our stay at the Kress -- we'd been ourselves for a while.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 41 in Green Bay
Wingate by Wyndham Green Bay/Airport
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Green Bay
Holiday Inn Green Bay Stadium

Been to Kress Inn, An Ascend Hotel Collection? Share your experiences!