“Modern, nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Came to De Pere on business and stayed at a local hotel I found S.A.L.T when I was walking through town. Could not get a table at 6pm on a weekday, but did get a seat at the generous sized bar. I guess a reservation might be necessary. Bar staff were very friendly and professional. Decent beer, wine and alcohol selection. Menu is setup as different sized plates. Prices are a little on the high side for the area. Food selection is a little limited. Tried the veal ragu which was a little salty but good. Bar has a great vibe to it. Very trendy. Owners blended the old and new very well. Nice out door patio areas for the summer. Place did not get to loud. Overall, a nice atmosphere. Not really a place for kids.
Rest rooms were off the bar area, did not try use it so no comment. Would try this restaurant again when in the area.

1  Thank Kim A
There are newer reviews for Stella's

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were here because of a Father's Day gift for the New Holland Brewing dinner! From the moment we walked in the staff was incredible! The beer dinner was a lot of fun but the food was fantastic, so much that we can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Kristen D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Private reception in the bar with 6 different appetizers - pork belly, scallops, tuna tartar, meatloaf cupcakes were particularly excellent. The group had a grill flat iron steak (good) and sablefish entree (excellent). The deserts were a pistachio and chocolate moose (okay) and a fresh fruit trifle (excellent). Service was very good both bar and maintains the flow of food. Bar area is very eclectic and interesting.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Small portions all about presentation. Atmosphere reminds me of Chicago or Uptown in Minneapolis. Unique for NE Wisconsin.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Love at first sight...I really loved this place! I was hoping for patio seating, but didn't have a reservation so sat at the bar - which I'm now glad I did because the service was quick, the drinks were great, and I enjoyed good conversation for hours! Traditional foods with a twist (ie: Scallops potato and ham - was literally, pan seared scallops sitting on a bed of diced potatoes and thinly sliced cooked ham) It was fantastic! We started with the platter and I'm so glad we did, everything was so yummy (snacky finger food). Be aware, the small entrée may be rather small..so start off with an appetizer if you don't want a large entrée! The décor is a modern/primitive/industrial design..it's just adorable! Can't wait to go back and check out the patio!