“Excellent dining experience”

Bleu Restaurant and Lounge
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in De Pere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chef Driven: One thing we pride ourselves with is a great staff. We consider ourselves one big family. We have seen many of our employees start when they were 15 and grow up in the restaurant. We realize there is so much talent, passion and loyalty in our staff. Over the years, JR has learned new things, has had new ideas, and new styles that he has wanted to experiment with. Although, trying them on our customers at Chives Restaurant in Suamico was always ideal, it is difficult to change the menu when customers have grown to love certain signature items that we simply could not change. Bleu Restaurant and Lounge was an idea formed by JR Schoenfeld, and our son Nick Morse. The Chef: Bleu brings new talent to the area. Nick Morse is our Head Chef. Nick's passion for food blossomed several years ago. JR began taking Nick to work with him when Nick was 14 years old. He washed dishes, prepped food items, plated desserts and made pizzas. Since then, he has spent time as a Kitchen Manager, Line cook in Door County, Sous Chef at Chives Restaurant for 5 years and wanting to expand his knowledge of food, took a seasonal position for the summers of 2011 and 2012 at the Harbor View Hotel & Resort on Martha's Vineyard in Edgartown, Massachusetts. The Design: Wishing we could take credit for the beautiful interior design of Bleu, we owe Designs of the Interior on North Broadway in Green Bay all the credit. Old doors puzzled together on the ceiling were a challenge. JR spent all summer driving around the state of Wisconsin, sometimes knocking on doors of random farm houses asking to buy old doors. He loved being a "picker" in between designing the open concept kitchen and coordinating the construction.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff, chef and crew were top notch. Service, quality and choice make or break a dining experience, and this restaurant has it figured out. A large business dinner was handled in style and with ease. Everyone (25-27 people) left satisfied and happy.

1  Thank Jill H

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Go to this restaurant! Family went there recently for a weekend lunch. Daughters had a grill cheese and the calamari. Wife had lobster bisque and the sunny side up burger. I had the mushroom barley soup and duck. While the duck was a tad over cooked (med v. med rare), it was VERY tender. Wife LOVED the soup. Nice crafted cocktails, too. Not sure how this restaurant is ranked #4 in De Pere--I would be hard pressed to find any better.

2  Thank riphensh
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Went here on a whim for drinks and dessert. The service was the best I have had in quite a while. Also, the creme brule was outstanding. We also got to try a handcrafted beverage and it was absolutely delightful. By far one of the best restaurants in the Green Bay/ De Pere area.

1  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Sorry for the late review! I'll keep this short. We went to Bleu for the first time in January for our anniversary. Amazing food, great atmosphere and outstanding service! On the menu was a 35 day dry aged prime ribeye. This was, by far, the best steak that I have had in my life! We have been back three times since. We love it every time! I am addicted to the berry mojitos!

2  Thank Marc M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Our family love Chives and decided to give Bleu a try. We were definitely not disappointed! I loved the decor, atmosphere and great service - the food was terrific! The crab cake sandwiche the best I have had and the steaks were perfect! I am not sure how we made room for desserts but the presentation , creativity and taste were exceptional! I did not find the restaurant noisy and it was packed on Friday evening! If you appreciate great food and service you will love it here! Oh...and the drinks - mojitos!

2  Thank pchaivre