“Great Family Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Delavan
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Family Getaway”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been going to Lake Lawn Resort (formerly Lodge) for 40 years, and it remains a wonderful family resort where there's something for everyone. Not at all flashy, it is an old fashioned resort with swimming and games for kids, and bars, karaoke, golf and spa for adults. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the rooms are comfortable and roomy, especially those with lofts. More than anything this is a relaxing getaway right on the lake.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with kids try the loft rooms. Kids get their own loft with bunk beds and sep...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Having been recommended to go to the Lake Geneva area I stumbled across this resort having realised that a grander spot was going to cost me more than double than this one. Also Lake lawn was going to give me a lake - which the other resort couldn't do.
We arrived earlier than the 4pm check in and lucky for us our room was available. We had chosen a King loft and we were in the Norwood.
I was initially taken aback - the room looked a little tired however once I realised what facilities were available I quickly revised my impressions. Upstairs my 2 children had a twin bed each and their own shower and toilet, vanity unit, wardrobe, drawers, clock radio and TV. They thought this was just wonderful and make them feel very grown up.
Downstairs in the main area there was a King bed, desk, tv, mini fridge, coffee machine, coffee table, sofa. In the spacious bathroom there was a whirlpool bath, shower over the bath and lots of clean towels.
The room had a closet with a safe, ironing board and iron.
The room itself was clad in a wood effect to make it look like a cabin. The air conditioning was on when we arrived and felt great.
There was also a fire - which we didn't use.
The balcony over looking the lake was a good size however covered in dead lake flies - sorted by sweeping off - then I realised I was sweeping them onto the patio below - oops. I feel housekeeping should have sorted this out as it was lake fly season and spraying was in effect.
We went straight to look at the inside pool - it was cold but I believe it had recently been topped up and hadn't warmed thoroughly. The pool was spacious with shallow and deep ends.
There was a whirlpool jacuzzi - too hot for kids which is perfect for me - I don't want kids in my tub!
Outside was another pool - this too was cold however I didn't expect it to be heated and the weather has been awful but nice to sit on a lounger and watch my kids swim around for 20 mins before they succumbed to the temperature! and it gave adults time to have a quick magherita….
A walk around the resort and we found the bouncy houses (castles) - 1 slide suitable for older kids and one house for younger. The kids room had games to borrow for free and craft activities (extra small charge)
Food - Frontier restaurant and bar. Breakfast buffet here on the Saturday and Monday. Dinner available all weekend. Breakfast buffet was $14.95 for adults and $9.95 for kids
Cafe -seemed to be open all the time
Lookout bar (near the pool) - open for lunch, drinks and breakfast on the Sunday. Pancakes on the Sunday tasted a bit weird - I think it was a packet mix and not fresh.
Activities centre - boat hire, tubing, mini golf run by friendly guys.
A welcome drinks reception was great to get an idea of how the management felt about their guests - they made us feel very welcome and my children were delighted with the crackers and cheese on offer (I had a glass of pinot and a back massage..!)
Overall
The setting was fabulous, the staff all very polite, friendly and welcoming. The resort offered us so much more than the mobile version of their website promised. I really think they should look at that. After posting wonderful photos and comments on my Facebook page 4 of my British friends are now looking at the resort as their next short stay.
I have already booked a weekend in October with my in-laws who will be over from the UK as a stop before Door County.
One tip - we were in the Norwood - right at the far end from the restaurants and is a bit of a hike.

Room Tip: The Norwood lodge is farthest away from the activities and restaurants to perfect for peace and quie...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fi33
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently went up there for a get away weekend. The staff was excellent and very helpful. My wife and I will be back. I was impressed by what they have to offer. I just wish they offered a shuttle service to the golf course.

Room Tip: If you are planning on playing golf make sure you either have a ride to the course or book a room ne...
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were getting an early start to our 31st wedding anniversary and as we all know Memorial Day can have some less than stellar weather. Not this YEAR!!!!

Like the weather, everyone we encountered working at LLL was friendly, warm and helpful. Our king suite with lake view was wonderful. The $5 martini and appetizers made for a refreshing dinner. Having a live band play during the memorial day pig roast was a nice touch. Lunch at the Lookout restaurant included burgers that we would recommend to everyone.

The golf course was in great shape and would only hope next time for more 1 putts.

Only negative thing was our patio and chairs were covered with bird poop.

Great place for couples or the entire family to get away and enjoy.

WI
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a Mary Kay retreat at the Lake Lawn Resort in September November 2013. The rooms were amazing, the bathrooms are beautiful and the service at the hotel was exceptional. We were treated like Queens. We thought we had a problmen with the air conditioner, and they had maintenace at the room in less than 15 minutes to check it out. The grounds are beautiful too. I certainley will go back for a "long weekend". It's close to home, but far enough away, you feel like your in the middle of no-where.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great...... Make certain you ask for a room with the view of the lake....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Quad Cities Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff was wonderful. The marina looked nice although I was there for business. Rooms were of ample size and facility was clean. As other travelers have commented you can hear everything that goes on in the hallway and the rooms around you. The bed was very soft and initially comfortable however I awoke with a terrible back ache.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at the Lake Lawn resort for a Memorial Day weekend. Our suite in the Norwood lodge was very quiet, clean and comfortable, with a nice view of the lake. Very relaxing. The staff was helpful and polite. We also enjoyed the buffet offered at the restaurant. The drawbacks were the air conditioner that was hard to set (either too cold or too warm), and the TV that had only a few channels and very expensive movies. The unexpected great thing: on Friday afternoon when we arrived, they had a reception with free wine and appetizers!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delavan
Maxwell Mansion
#10 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Cove of Lake Geneva
Cove of Lake Geneva
#9 of 15 in Lake Geneva

Been to Lake Lawn Resort? Share your experiences!