“Good, filling Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Went with friends on a Friday night and our reviews were mixed. We did call that afternoon for a reservation and then got right in. The atmosphere was delightful and cozy, the wine was great, everyone said the calamari was good. The Friday fish was good and the Chicken Parmesan was fabulous. The other entrees were all good, but not spectacular, salad was extremely plain. Everything tasted fresh. Enjoyed our meal, glad we tried this place!

There are newer reviews for Joseph's Steakhouse and Italian Specialities

Reviewed 11 July 2012

The people here are so friendly and the food was excellent! The servings were large and there were so many choices on the menu! No matter what you choose, you will be very satisfied!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant for their fish fry. We did not have Friday night reservations (didn't know they were needed; many local restaurant will not take reservations) so were told it would be a "20-minute wait." We went to the bar and had a drink and the time dragged out to 60 minutes. The hostess had stopped by and said she was getting our table ready, but it was another 20 minutes or so and we never saw her again. We were on the verge of walking out, and when I informed the hostess of this, she said, "I was just coming to get you." We stayed and had the fish. The fish itself was good. I had mostaccioli as a side, and it was just okay. Actually oversalted pasta, but the sauce was good. My husband had good looking French fries. The coleslaw was just okay as well. We were on the tail end of a hot (100 degrees) week, and the bar was warm, but the restaurant was way too hot! Stifling! I would have sworn that the a/c was not on, and that diminished the experience. I was uncomfortably hot plus irritated by the wait for much longer than the quoted 20 minutes. A hostess should be able to judge her time better than this. We may stop back for their 2 for 1 burger on Tuesday, but I will not choose to go back for the fish.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Friends recommended this great restaurant. Reasonable prices, small dining room and large bar. The dining room is very separated, so as Toelle said.. very nice romantic, relaxed atmosphere.

Pan Fried walleye was awesome; Stuffed swordfish was great too! Ask for extra red sauce. Soup (minestrone) and house salad were great.

We split a cheesecake drizzed with Carmel and Chocolate for dessert - also very good!

We will definitely return.. as it beats the local chain restaurants, and the prices were similar and the food choices are better!

Reviewed 7 November 2011

We had dinner here while staying at Lake Lawn Resort. They were out of fish for the all-you-can-eat Friday fish fry. No problem, we wanted Italian instead. Entrees were reasonably priced, food was pretty average tasting. The salad is just iceberg lettuce with bad Italian dressing. The fresh bread they bring is pretty good. Don't even think of ordering the calamari. I probably shouldn't have expected homemade, but it was barely edible, reheated frozen, rubbery, fake-tasting.

The "spaghetti with homemade meatballs" (maybe I misheard) comes with a single meatball. Pretty tasty, but pretty pathetic looking. The grossest part of the meal was there was chapstick/lipstick on my glass when I sat down. They promptly brought a cleaner one when I asked. Then my salad plate had applesauce on the bottom of it. I think the dishwasher needs a talking-to.

Overall, this place is so-so. I don't know if there are better options, but I would not return here. If you do, you have to look closely for it. Our GPS took us to the wrong place. It's also poorly signaged.