“used to be better”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“used to be better”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

boring italian food, average food. Ate there a few times in the past but not likely to return soon unless somebody else tells me that have improved

Visited October 2011

Berwyn, Illinois
“"Deceivingly good. Best seafood in the area!"”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

While advertised as a steakhouse, with Italian specialties, Joseph's has simply the best seafood offerings in the Delavan/Geneva area! My wife had a taste for salmon and was surprised that they offered three different salmon dinners on their menu. I opted for the swordfish stuffed with crab-meat. This dish was superb, unlike any swordfish I've ever had(flat, not steak-like, with crab mix atop, not stuffed). Rice was not an option, but potato pancakes were an outstanding option. Service was great!

• Visited August 2012
Champaign, Illinois
“Good, filling Italian!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Went with friends on a Friday night and our reviews were mixed. We did call that afternoon for a reservation and then got right in. The atmosphere was delightful and cozy, the wine was great, everyone said the calamari was good. The Friday fish was good and the Chicken Parmesan was fabulous. The other entrees were all good, but not spectacular, salad was extremely plain. Everything tasted fresh. Enjoyed our meal, glad we tried this place!

• Visited July 2012
Deer Creek, Illinois, United States
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The people here are so friendly and the food was excellent! The servings were large and there were so many choices on the menu! No matter what you choose, you will be very satisfied!

Visited July 2012
Delavan, WI
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I went to this restaurant for their fish fry. We did not have Friday night reservations (didn't know they were needed; many local restaurant will not take reservations) so were told it would be a "20-minute wait." We went to the bar and had a drink and the time dragged out to 60 minutes. The hostess had stopped by and said she was getting our table ready, but it was another 20 minutes or so and we never saw her again. We were on the verge of walking out, and when I informed the hostess of this, she said, "I was just coming to get you." We stayed and had the fish. The fish itself was good. I had mostaccioli as a side, and it was just okay. Actually oversalted pasta, but the sauce was good. My husband had good looking French fries. The coleslaw was just okay as well. We were on the tail end of a hot (100 degrees) week, and the bar was warm, but the restaurant was way too hot! Stifling! I would have sworn that the a/c was not on, and that diminished the experience. I was uncomfortably hot plus irritated by the wait for much longer than the quoted 20 minutes. A hostess should be able to judge her time better than this. We may stop back for their 2 for 1 burger on Tuesday, but I will not choose to go back for the fish.

• Visited July 2012