“More Bar Than Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Joseph's Steakhouse and Italian Specialities
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wilmette, Illinois
“More Bar Than Restaurant”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

They have great bar food, albeit a regular tavern type of ambience. The food in the supposed "restaurant" is very average, to below average. I would stay with the bar side of the business and skip the restaurant all together. The manager of the restaurant also seems to carry a chip on her shoulder and can be almost abusive with her staff which always wrecks the feeling that you want to be there.

Visited August 2013

“Bad restaurant with first class menu prices!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I went there for a first class steak dinner, but I was so disappointed. The salad was all iceberg lettuce with a few carrot and red lettuce slices - no tomatoes! I wanted nice side dishes to go with my NY strip steak, but I had french fries - the same type served in McDonalds! I expected steak fries! The steak was ok. I regretted ordering a glass of red wine, because the catsup with the french fries clashed with the wine! I paid $45 for that dinner! It seemed that the cook was also the waitress, because she wore an grill apron all the time. However, she provided good table service.

• Visited July 2013
“Loved it”
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Three of us stopped for dinner after a round of golf. We loved it. It is small, and we got lucky with a ten minute wait on a Saturday night without reservations. I had the walleye pike, my son had chicken Parmesan and my wife had the NY strip. All were excellent. The pour n the mix drinks was decent. Could have been a better pour.

Service was excellent. The potatoe pancakes are a must have. We will be back.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Meh”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Have been going here for years during the summer months; maybe winter season has a new cook. Was my parents' favorite spot - no longer. Went mid-week in March; didn't feel like pasta so went for a chicken dish. Very average soup, salad, broccoli and chicken for $13.95. Potato pancakes were the bright spot. Many more tasty options in the area; Joseph's has run its course for us. I'll stick with pizza in the bar.

• Visited March 2013
Milwaukee
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We visited Joseph's on 3/16 based off of some recommendations from a few friends and we weren't disappointed. Although the menu isn't fancy, it makes up with the taste and quality of the food. We ordered four different dinners (1 steak/3 Italian dishes) and everyone was very pleased. My husband ordered the steak with their famous mushrooms and onions and he said it was the best he's ever had. Their Italian dishes came out piping hot and you could tell everything was fresh and homemade. The sauce tastes like my nana's from the Italy. It's definitely made in house. Their prices were very reasonable and each dinner came with both their house soup and salad. We will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2013