“Soo glad we came back!!”
Review of YO Shi

YO Shi
Ranked #21 of 80 Restaurants in Delavan
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I hadn't been to Yo Shi in a while. We usually go to Fuji's in Janesville. We had shrimp and chicken hibatchi at YoShi & it was AMAZING!! My 7 year old daughter closed her eyes and said YUMMM. She even ate mushrooms which she usually never tries or eats ever! She ate a great deal of food and the sauces were delicious! The shrimp was fresh and everything was seasoned perfectly. We will be BACK !! :) The picture is of my daughter saying YUM!

1  Thank LittleNuggie

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was my first time here. Was welcomed by a friendly hostess who seated me and a friend. She gave us menus, but couldn't answer any questions for us (mainly because she spoke such broken English that neither of us could understand her). We both just picked something from menu descriptions. Both meals were good, but I wished I could have spoken to someone more about the options and learned a little more about the meals. As it is, the food was good, but the experience was a little lacking. If my friend visits from out of town again, we'll probably go back because he loves this type of food!

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Visited Yo Shi to celebrate my son's birthday. We wanted to have the hibachi and luckily a chef was already scheduled for another party of two. This was probably the only downfall, sharing a table who was celebrating their anniversary while we were also celebrating.

We started with an edamame appetizer and sushi rolls of eel and spicy tuna and sashimi shrimp. All were delicious, fresh, and high quality.

Next was hibachi! Our chef was great! Very talented as he prepared our steak, chicken, shrimp and salmon dishes. The portions were generous and delicious. We highly recommend!

Prices are a little high, but since we were celebrating, it was not an issue! Sodas are charged per glass, so beware of refills!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We love the service and food at Yo Shi. The restaurant is in a strip mall, so it took us a while to give it a try, but we were pleasantly surprised. The menu has a lot of excellent choices and the atmosphere is cozy and inviting. We have also taken carryout sushi from Yo Shi to family gatherings and it is always a big hit.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Been eating nigiri sushi and rolls here since they first opened. I live nearby. In the last year they have been "cutting" the amount of fresh fish with a lot more tempura flake in certain rolls and the fish on the rainbow rolls and nigiri are getting smaller and thinner. The spicy salmon roll has mashed salmon mixed with tempura flake so you can't tell how much of it is salmon. The price has not been lowered with the smaller sizes but steadily increasing instead. Tonite was the last time I will be buying there as the California roll on the rainbow roll was so small. Do yourself a favor and go to Tempura House in Lake Geneva or Kitcho in Fort Atkinson instead. Tempura house spicy salmon or tuna rolls have actual diced fish with no filler. Kitcho's maki rolls are twice the size and the same or lower price. And the filleted pieces or fish are generous at both places!