“Duck Inn worth the drive!”

Duck Inn Supper Club
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Delavan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Milwaukee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Duck Inn worth the drive!”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary with a dinner at the Duck Inn. I had never visited the restaurant before but it came highly recommended. So we drove the 45 minutes to try it. We were greeted warmly by a terrific staff. The whole atomsphere of the place made you feel so welcomed. When we informed them we were there to celebrate our special day, they accomodated us with a nice table next to a huge fireplace! The waitstaff was friendly, outgoing and really took the time to explain the different menu options. The generous portions we were given were amazing! We of course had to have some of the homemade desserts, too! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water all over again. After dinner, we enjoyed a few cocktails at the bar. The large bar was pretty busy, yet the bartender took time to make sure dinner was everything we had hoped and more, which it certainly was! We can't wait to make the trip again to the Duck Inn!

1 Thank whoowhoo

Elkhorn, WI
“Great Food & Ambience”
Reviewed 25 June 2008

My wife and I live about twenty minutes from the restaurant and we love it. As indicated by a previous poster, the ambience is outstanding - the place is located on a fabulous winding country road and sits in a cul de sac by itself. The large bar area is a great classy place to have a drink - it reminds me of a bar at a top-notch downtown Chicago hotel - your drinks are served in generously sized heavy-weight cocktail glasses. We've never had a bad meal in over 30 trips. I'm a big fish eater and there are usually a few fresh selections at reasonable prices. The fish fry here is also one of the best around - unlike most other places that treat you like a second-class citizen if you order the fish-fry, the Duck Inn gives you a salad or soup and a nice bread basket. I you are in the area I would highly recommend that you make the 10-15 minute drive out to the Duck Inn.

2 Thank Mike C
illinois
“Duck out of going to Duck Inn : Overall experience = average at best”
Reviewed 4 January 2008

Duck Inn Supper Club is located near Delavan, Wisconsin - and is a well-established, traditional Wisconsin supper club.

Bottom-line is that the ambience is authentic & a plus, but the food leaves a lot to be desired.

When you walk inside - it is pure, wonderful Wisconsin (no sarcasm here really - I was raised most of my life in Wi and love it) - when you walk inside you are greeted with beautiful country wood wall accents, a fantastic fireplace, a dark traditional supper-club ambience - with candles on tables, decorated with xmas lights/ working model train/and ducks, ducks, ducks everywhere - stuffed and otherwise. It really is one of the nicest, traditionally-decorated supper clubs I have seen. Another plus about the decos - is that even when the place is at capacity - it isn't loud - all those decos and the tall ceiling make for great dampening of sound - unlike most chain restaurants.

Also, the service was excellent - extremely friendly and fast, but did not hurry you. Now, here comes the negative - the food.

Be careful what you order! We went the prior year and the red meat and standard duck l'orange was pretty decent (not incredible, mind you, but better than average). So we came back this year expecting the same quality. I ordered a chicken breast dish and my hubby ordered a duck dish (can't remember exactly the exact menu name for it, but it was pieces of duck cut up). My chicken tasted like plastic - no kidding - like someone had zapped it in the microwave with saran wrap on top. My husband said his duck was not near the quality of the prior year and very disappointed.

Don't know if it was an off night... but be careful!
Maybe just stick with the standards if you go there - red meat dishes or basics like duck l'orange?

Who knows, but we don't plan on ever going back. Again, bottom-line - you can experience a great WI supper club ambience and friendliness, but not consistent food quality.

3 Thank beelady