“Needs Updating”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dodgeville
The House on the Rock Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Reviewed 22 July 2014

While we did sleep well because the room was quiet, we felt an update is in order. The carpeting needs to be replaced, and the housekeeping was not the best. The room had a nice view, and was convenient to many of the Dodgeville/Spring Green attractions. The pool looked like fun for kids.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Nice place, only negative was the Beds. It was like sleeping on a Box spring and not the mattress. My wife and I thought the pool was really cool interesting and fun. The nice warm water in the outdoor pool was great, hot tub great. It was a comfort to see the maintenance guy come in to take water samples to ensure chlorine didn't burn our skin/eyes. So, to sum it up good mattresses and bedspreads would have helped us enjoy the day and not hurt so bad.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was very disappointed in the service, rooms, and rates. Paying $327.00 for 2 nights and the rooms not even having a microwave, refrig, or coffee machine. (A t.v that was 15 to 17 yrs old too)
If your hotel does not like groups, like "baseball" to stay at your hotel maybe you should let us know as we reserve the room. I live in a town a little smaller than Dodgeville and we all know how word of mouth travels. Everything I have to say about your hotel is negative. The continental breakfast was better at the Super 8, along with longer hrs and not just 7 to 9. (Not opening the doors until exactly 7 and shutting the doors at exactly 9). The beds were not comfortable. Did not sleep well the first night and second night there was a wedding, which partying continued until 4 am. Complaints made that night had our "baseball" boys targeted. My son along with the 12 our families with boys were in BED!! Our boys had to play early the next morning, which wouldn't matter because ...what they are teenage boys? I will remind you those boys were there for State, which means their good, could even say great. These boys will grow up and maybe play college or higher levels and the experience they had there, they will never forget.(Loss of future profits) As we were checking out, our coach joked with the manager saying he was going to bring those naughty boys to church. Her response was, "Church won't help them. They are beyond help." This makes me so mad. Never will I encourage anyone to stay there; more likely I will tell them how bad our experience was and suggest to go down the street to Don Qinn where we stayed the remaining nights. Which was GREAT and family oriented! I've never wrote a bad review on a hotel before this one and that says a lot! I debated doing so because I can usually blow things off or just move on but than I thought that all team sport parents should read this and hopefully not stay, spare other families the bad experience!

Room Tip: Go to Don Qinn, our room was twice the size with refrig and coffee maker. Kids had a great time and...
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Okay, yes, the internet was almost non-existent but I didn't mind not getting bothered while I relaxed on the lovely deck outside the main area of the Inn. Gary, the bartender went so far as to bring us the snacks we ordered from the bar AND come back to see if they were to our liking, and the snacks were great, simple bar food. Plus he made great cocktails! The property was clean and well maintained. Matt the on site maintenance guy talked about the pools and the filter systems. The families in the pools were having fun and the textured slip resistant floor was a great feature. Several slides and climbing things for kids in the indoor pool. Several adults in the outside pool shared that the water was warm and it looked lovely. They have a small video arcade with 4-5 pinball machines. The staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed chatting with Heather and Tiara at the front desk. They were not only personable but also knowledgable about the area...even gave me clarity on the local Farmers Market I was looking for. The gift shop had souvenir items at very reasonable prices. Our room was dated, The furniture and carpeting is old with some wear but it was clean; sheets, towels and surfaces. The bed was comfortable. The price of $180 with two adult House on The Rock tickets was very reasonable and fair . This is NOT a $200 per night high end, modern facility but definately worth the price for the Stay & Tour package. I am looking forward to going back with my grand child and grown children. A great nearby getaway from Chicago.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and could hear a little noise from the room directly above but not bad...
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel the night before our visit to HOUSE ON THE ROCK. We were very disappointed with the following 1. The room had a stuffy/musty smell 2. The internet was shockingly outdated (needed to check out a CABLE at the front desk with a $10 deposit) 3. The phone in the room did not work 4. It was peak summer tourist season and the lounge was CLOSED 5. Smaller/older television (no flat screen). For the price we expected at least common modern hotel conveniences. Seemed like the HOUSE ON THE ROCK management think they can jack up their price just to draw in folks visiting the house. Spend some money to upgrade this property!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the inn for 2 nights, and we were quite disappointed. They have very sketchy wi-fi (it barely reached our room, and it kicked me off all the time), and the beds are really hard. We were looking forward to our trip to the house, but this hotel kinda killed it for us. We stayed in the Wisconsin Dells the day before, and I wish we would have just stayed there again, even if it was an hour away. The front desk staff didn't ask if everything was ok with our stay when we checked out. I definitely won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My girlfriend and I wanted to visit House on the Rock and made an assumption that House on the Rock Inn would be an excellent extension. The facility is beautiful but being in a small town with rolling hills didn't have Wi-Fi service or much knowledge about internet connection. I guess that is the only downside except for only having "bar food" in their restaurant as they had an excellent bar server. It was also a bit pricey for the location.

Room Tip: If staying here pay the extra $10 for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank genesisfarm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb

Been to The House on the Rock Inn? Share your experiences!