“Babe Ruth Baseball tournament”
Review of Don Q Inn

Don Q Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“Babe Ruth Baseball tournament”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was very impressed with the staff- they went up and beyond to make our experience there a great one. I loved how they put us (team+families) together on the same floor. We didn't ask for that they just did it. They had many things for our kids to do, and looked forward to returning to. The bedrooms were large compared to what we had at the other hotel. Kids and adults enjoyed the tunnel connecting the hotel and restaurant. It also had internet unlike the last hotel- along with a public computer for every ones use. I also liked all the history the hotel had, including the plane. I do plan to go back and bring the whole family. :) I hardly slept at the other hotel and was very tired by the time we went to bed at your hotel; I had slept all through the night and it was a good night sleep too! Thank you for being so kind!

Room Tip: I had a normal room and couldn't hear any noise above or on the sides of me.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kayleen V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in one of the theme rooms. The place is old and dated, but that is what makes it fun and cool. It was extremely clean and we had a great time. You cant find many places like this left on the road. We will stay here again when in the area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Gatesville, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

A great place to stay. We stayed in the Igloo room. Restaurant was thru a tunnel from the hotel. Lobby was full of antiques with barber chairs around the fireplace. A giant plane in the front yard. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Toledo
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night while visiting the nearby House on the Rocks. Staff was very helpful and courteous. Cost of room was very reasonable. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and our room was very spacious and quiet. Only downside was the very firm beds (my back wasn't used to that.) Keeping that in mind, I would recommend this place.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival the nice lady at the desk flipped through the book of themed suites, very fun. We ended up getting a basic room which was very nice. Clean bathroom and shower, I was happy with the beds and temperature in the room. Nice sized refrigerator. The pool and hot tub were great. The pool goes outside as well but we noticed some bugs and leaves in the water out there so we stayed inside. They have a radio inside you can turn on as well as pool toys. Also a bathroom, shower room, and drinking fountain. The only thing that could have added to our stay would be a better breakfast. Something hot besides toaster waffles. We enjoyed our stay here. Be prepared that if you pay with cash you also need to give a 100$ deposit that you get back in the morning after they inspect your room for any signs of smoking. Not a big deal. I would recommend this place to others. I hear there is an underground tunnel to the restaurant next door but we didn't check it out. Maybe next time!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I wanted to have a little mid-week getaway from Madison out to Governor Dodge. My significant other didn't want to camp since we weren't sure when we'd get out there. In looking for hotels, I stumbled across this gem and thought, "Oh, what the hell." The reviews were here and there, but I have no shame in saying the Mid-evil (their spelling) Suite sounded like a fun way to spend the evening. The kind lady on the phone when I made my reservation assured me that their staff kept an extra key for the amenities provided in the suite, which amused me to no end but I'm sure the issue has come up before.

The hotel itself is just old. There's no way around it. It's kinda rough around the edges, but clean. All the facilities worked just fine. The continental breakfast was adequate, the TV worked, and so on.

As far as the suite itself, well, we had fun. As did all the other couples before us who left their mark by writing on the wallpaper in the bathroom along with dates they'd been there. I thought it was cute. The bed was comfortable and sturdy, which is unsurprisingly rather important for the suite. The hydrotherapy tub was very awkwardly shaped for me, but it fit 2 people fine enough. I was disappointed in the lack of real shower. Their definition of a shower was a shower curtain around the tub and a shower head above it. It worked, but water got more places than it should have.

I'm certain I wouldn't stay here if I wasn't staying in one of the special suites. There are nicer, newer hotels in town. But for the experience and the fun of the suites I will definitely be back here to check out the rest.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Carla B
Montfort, Wisconsin
Reviewed 2 April 2014

we stayed in the hot air balloon fantasy suit the hot tub is amazing yes it could use some up dates but over all it`s pretty nice. The staff are friendly and helpful. The under ground tunnel is pretty cool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Quality Inn Mineral Point
#2 of 3 in Mineral Point

Been to Don Q Inn? Share your experiences!