“A Good Choice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Dodgeville
Dallas
“A Good Choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

I received a friendly greeting at the front-desk and quickly had checked into the over-sized king room. The rustic/Americana/Nature/Duck/Woods themed hotel is clean and pleasing. Not your run-of-the mill, standardized product where you do not know if you are in brand X or Y. I was very impressed when I was offered a motorcycle rain cover for my bike when the weather report indicated inclement weather for the night. The room has king-bed, sofa, dining table, couch table, two comfy chairs, an ottoman, large TV, fridge with freezer compartment and microwave. Clean and modern bath. Breakfast is served in a themed room. Eventhough I frown about styrofoam service, the pleasantly arranged and well organized buffet makes up for it. There is an indoor/outdoor pool and jacuzze - which I did not take advantage of. Quiet nights, no noise interuptions. I left though with one small disappointment. when I reviewed my bill, I noticed a $3 "service charge" for each night. My question was answered with "our vendors are charging us service fees, so now we charge our guests too - instead of raising hotel rates". I guess hotel bills are heading the way of airline tickets and telephone bills.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank HermanTheGerman-inTX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We got an expensive suite for a "quiet" getaway for the weekend from Chicago. Visiting House on the Rock nearby. The employees were nice when they talked to me, but every time we were in the lobby near the desk the staff was on their cell phone cussing out their kids or the maid service was sitting around the table in the lobby eating donuts during the day. I felt very uncomfortable. The room was quaint, American, rustic themed with a whirlpool in it. We checked in a little late (around 11pm) because we had to drive after work and wanted to relax in the whirlpool. It was a large bath tub with jets in it. The jets didn't work. When I called the desk, they said the breaker must be out and the person the next day could switch us to another room. The next day, they said we had forgotten to push a hidden button on the whirlpool to make it work. There should be instructions in the room if they have a complicated bathtub. Also, worst breakfast ever, and worst bed ever. I think the bed had a sink hole in the middle of it. As for “quiet”, the second night we were there, the 3 suites all around our suite had one huge family in it and they all sat with all their doors open yelling at each other and running around with coolers and beer watching basketball on full blast. We could hear all of it right through our door. It was not quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anna m
Pleasant Prairie
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

We have stayed at this hotel previously because we have a family member in the area. The price was comparable to others in the area but we especially like the pool/whirlpool area. That is why during this stay in Jan. of 2012 I spent more time than I had planned to in the pool swimming alone. The hotel was not busy. There were only a few guests in the whole place. When my husband came to see how I was doing I told him I was loving the pool and wanted to go in the whirlpool, too. However, it was closer to check out time than I thought. So, I asked my husband to ask if we could have a later check out because I didn't think I had time to get ready and out by 11 AM. HE WAS TOLD, "NO". THE FRONT DESK PERSON SAID CHECK OUT WAS AT 11 AND THAT SHE COULD NOT HOLD THE HOUSEKEEPING STAFF ANY LATER! That was the wrong answer.
The hotel business is taught to accommodate their guests. We were not asking for anything out of the ordinary and should have been allowed a few minutes later than the 11 AM check out time. DISAPPOINTED!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

We reserved three rooms for a small group and were quite surprised to discover when we arrived that the rates for each of the rooms were about $20 higher. Even though we had a reservation number, the clerk, Diane said that she could not honor our reservations at the rate we had booked them. We called BW corporate headquarters and then were finally given the rate at which we had booked the rooms. We were extremely upset by this experience, especially since other people in our group were involved.
The hotel itself was not bad. Our room was large with a sofa, a refigerator, and a microwave. There were some cleanliness issues with mold in the shower and towels left over from a previous occupant. A continental breakfast.was served.
I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. Customers deserve fair treatment and should not be subjected to the kind of hassle we had when we checked in. There are not a lot of choices in the area, but surely a better one can be found.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Boulder, CO, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

... The decor and cleanliness are great, and the price is quite reasonable. My room was really cute (see associated photos), but the mattress was pretty hard, and felt as if it had a waterproof mattress pad. The breakfast was suboptimal, given that the carton of milk that I took from the refrigerator was quite sour (and clumpy). When I mentioned this to the front desk, their comment was that the cartons would need to be shaken, which made me think that the problem wasn't entirely understood.

If this hotel is selected for your stay, there is a Country Kitchen a short drive or walk away that serves a fine breakfast, which I can heartily recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Nice little place to stay if your in dodgeville. Clean rooms , nice pool area and the usual early morning breakfast of doughnuts and muffins. We stayed here to visit house on the rock , there are a few resturaunts, walgreens and a walmart all within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011
milwaukee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Cold, dark, rainy night. Exhausted. Needed a place to stop for the night. Called the BW in Dodgeville and had the most amazing service. Understanding of how tired we were, the front desk guy (sorry, forgot your name!) gave us the closest room, door to parking lot. He was GREAT. We've stayed in big cities at Hyatt's and Westins and have not been treated this well.
Woke up way too early to hit the road again. He was still there, offered us coffee, remembered our names.
Again, Thank You.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Round Barn Lodge
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville
Karakahl Country Inn
Karakahl Country Inn
#3 of 3 in Mount Horeb

Been to BEST WESTERN Quiet House & Suites? Share your experiences!