Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Monticello, Indiana
“Ew.”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Ewwww. To look at the outside of the building, you'd think it was nicer. The rooms are dingy. The furniture is old. The pool water was.....slimy. The hot breakfast was served in a tiny room with hardly room to move. The breakfast selection was the bare minimum. We went next door to The Country Kitchen. The staff seemed friendly but we weren't there long enough for it to matter.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I definitely won't be stopping here again any time soon... I arrived late, about 10:30pm, after working a 12 hour shift in Prairie du Chien. The hotel appeared clean from the outside...As I was changing into my PJ's a roach, about 1 1/2 inches long, scurried from near my bed to the outside wall. I was on the phone with my husband & let out a BIG scream...After hanging up the phone, I thru my belongings into my suitcase & went running to the lobby, still in my PJ's, requesting another room... The night person seemed unphased by my concern, & gave me a new room. I didn't sleep much, worrying that other bugs were throughout the property. In the morning when I checked out, very tired... the front desk attendant was puzzled that I had 2 room numbers attached to my account. When I explained what happened, he seemed unconcerned, said they exterminate monthly & charged me full price...If I had been that person, I would have profusely apologized & said no charge...Even at the BW Bluffview Inn & Suites in Prairie du Chien, when she heard I had been woken up due to people using the ice machine at 1:30am, she discounted my room by $10.00...This hotel definitely needs some help...Breakfast was OK, stayed mainly with a hard boiled egg & yogurt cup as the egg "pancake" was horrible & the sausage seemed too processed. Juice, coffee, dry cereal, rolls/bagels/muffins were also available. Very disappointing stay & wouldn't recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: The roach was in room #205, I was then moved to #216.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
After a thorough investigation of the guest room no roaches or insects were found. Our certified pest controller determined from the discription that it was a wood roach that was encountered. A wood roach is an outdoor insect that lives off twigs and most likely made it to the second floor guest room via a suitcase that at one time may have touched the ground in the parking lot. After a phone call to guest Karen B an amicable agreement was reached and the monitary compensation was agreeable to her.
Hillsborough & Villas NJ
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Booked this hotel as it was the only three star property in Dodgeville, WI. Sad to say IT IS IN NO WAY, A THREE STAR hotel. Rooms are clean, they feature wide screen televisions, but the beds are well worn ,need replacement, the bathrooms are similarly old looking, and the rooms have a dingy dark appearance about them. They offer an included hot breakfast which was tasty, fresh and very good. Rita at the front desk was friendly, courteous, eager to assist and always helpful.
While it was not a bad place to stay; if you price and advertise your hotel as a three star property it should be better than this.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capemaytraveler
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Housekeeping staff were very friendly and hardworking. I did notice them taking clean linen in laundry baskets up the stairs. hands up to housekeeping cuz them baskets were full. however the man at the desk was a little rude to the lady "in training" at the frnt desk and snotty to some of the h.k.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank lildeva
Thank you for your review.
Denver
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Quiet House theme rooms are a respite during my business travels. It is like being on a vacation while I'm working. The desk staff is welcoming and accomodating. When I get to my unique room, I don't want to leave. My favorite haven is the room that looks like a log cabin inside with its tasteful decorations and large comfy four poster bed. I stay here every time I work with schools in the area!

Room Tip: Try a theme room if you are a frequent traveler.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Wow, what a disappointment.

My wife and I have stayed here on several occasions,and every time we've had issues.

This last trip was the last straw. We arrived at two o'clock to check in. There were garbage bags strewn all over the entranxe because the person front desk apparently they are also tasked with cleaning the entrance and lobby.

We had a coupon for a free night stay because of the poor service from last year.Apparently, the front staff hasn't been trained on how to use the system because he spent the entire time complaining about trying to enter a two-day visit with two different paymwnt methods - a coupon and a credit card.

We attempted to go for a swim at 7pm. Although the pool closed at 10pm according to the signs, the pool room was locked. I went to the front desk and had to wait for the desk manager to finish texting her boyfriend before she could be encouraged to actually find the key and open the door. Nevermind that half of the pool cover was still on the pool, we had to deal with that ourselves!

Breakfast this morning was advertised with fresh bakery delivered daily, hard boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, and sauge links.None of that existed. When we pointed this out to the guy behind the front desk, the snarky reply was that despite all promises, breakfast was complimentary. My wife pressed a bit harder and took the "menu' from the room and asked for an explination. The answer was that they were out and we would have to talk to the manager tommorrow.

Other notables:
+ the room hadn't been vacumed
+ the bathroom smellwd like a locker room
+ the matress was well past it's prime
+ my sister stayong at the hotel at the same time had to switch to a second room because hers was too dirty

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PackerFan2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Spring Valley Inn
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Been to Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!