“This Hotel was QUIET !!!”

Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
“This Hotel was QUIET !!!”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was a last minute choice needing a room for one night (looking at a list on the GPS and quick research on IPhone). Called the 800 number and were provided quick info on availability and was helpful finding a discount (AARP and/or Costco). Staff was pleasant, room was clean and very room - with a couch and 2 extra chairs . Continental breakfast, restaurant next door for lunch/dinner, indoor/outdoor pool, fitness room - everything we needed. WOULD RECOMMEND.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Great job by all the staff. I am a Marriott Plat Elite and stay very little at Best Western. This hotel exceeded all my expectations for a small town hotel. I was impressed with the cleanliness, room and loby decor. Top Box that a seasoned business professional will feel comfortable in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Jeff, thank you for your review and comments. Be assurred the staff will be informed of your comments. We appreciate your business.
racine, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Newer motel -- very good appearance, located near Spring Green and outside of Madison. Very nicely decorated, modern, clean, great appearance. Rooms are very nice with a separate large seating area with comfortable furniture. Bed was very comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was adequate, fresh and a decent assortment of items. Drawback is 2 floors -- no elevator. We requested a 1st floor room in our reservation and was told none were available, so we had to deal with steps. Difficult with a leg injury. Busy time, did not think we could find anything else so we stayed. Overall, we were quite pleased !!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John S
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your review. This is a very busy time of year. I'm sorry we could not accommodate you on the first floor. For your next reservation please call the property direct and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Chepachet, Rhode Island
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We visited Wisconsin and stayed at one Hotel for several days - we came to the Best Western to save a few dollars on the weekend because the rates were less - rooms were clean enough and our room was spacious - having the Refrigerator was a Plus - breakfast was fine and the staff were all Friendly - it was close to Town and there were plenty of places to eat - there are No Elevators which was a problem for my husband - we enjoyed our stay but left early because we needed a Kiddie Pool for the Grandkids - if our visit didn't include visiting with the grandkids we probably would have stayed longer - there really isn't much to do in Dodgeville so having a pool made the difference with our family !

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are dark in the morning - I would ask for the front of the building to Enjoy the m...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to mention that our outdoor pool being connected to our indoor pool allows guests to swim outside all year round. The pool temperatures remain at 84 degrees. If it is 10 below zero outside, you can still enjoy the outdoor pool!
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went to Dodgeville to see the House on the Rock and decided to stay in the Best Western Quiet House. I chose the Victorian themed room and it was excellent! It was clean and nicely decorated and I loved the little steps up to the big bed! The hotel was very quiet, and conveniently located. We had the continental breakfast and there was a lot to choose from! I was pleasantly surprised. The pool area looked nice, though I didn't use it. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. The Victorian theme room (Governor Dodge) has been a very popular room. The owner of the hotel is an interior designer and she has decorated all our rooms.
Bourbonnais, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

hotel is close to the house of the rock and of the Taliesin house. decent food a drive away. restaurants close by are no good. Walgreen was on the other side of the road which is a plus. hotel rooms are above average with clean sheets and towels. cable tv works with no problem.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank for your review. With the scenery in this part of the State and the history of Taliesin and Frank Lloyd Wright, it really makes it a great area to visit.
Houghton, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and it was not a very restful place. My room was close to the front desk and I was kept awake by the cleaning crew in the lobby during the night and the maid service starting about 7 am. They were constantly slamming doors and yelling out "room service" (could have been maid service). I was staying that night also, so I don't think there was a need for them to be leaving a note on my door at 9 am telling me that since I had the do not disturb sign out, they could not service my room that day. My sisters stayed in a room further from the front desk and had the same problem. The beds were not comfortable. Unfortunately, my husband and I will have to stay there again next weekend for a wedding, but there is nothing else available for that weekend and we made the reservations months in advance. Hopefully, the maids will try to be a little quieter next time. Not sure why this hotel is called Quiet House, because it was anything but quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the unnecessary noise. I hope your second stay is more to the standards of our Quiet House. Your comments have been reviewed and discussed with our staff. Weekday cleaning begins at 8:30AM and weekend cleaning begins at 9:00AM for rooms that are checked out.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Mount Horeb
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Been to Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!