“very nice hotel”

Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Dodgeville
Reviewed 12 July 2014

the hotel was very clean and our room had a lot of space. the pool was located both indoors and out which was very nice when the weather changed. the breakfast was so-so, but understandable because there was no kitchen on site. staff was very friendly and there was a bike trail nearby. house on the rock was only a short drive from hotel, but other than that, there was not much to do in town. good place to stay if you want to relax or have to catch up on some homework or want to read.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last night and came across a problem we never encountered before, even though we've traveled quite extensively. This was not a problem with our accommodations, which were OK. Our issue had to do with booking and pricing.

My wife booked this Best Western after looking at a quite a few options. We qualify for both AAA and AARP and got an attractive rate of about $85.00 including tax for a good size suite. When we checked in, we were asked how many people were staying in the room and we said the two of us. My wife had booked it for one person, forgetting to indicate there would be two of us. (NEVER been a problem before!) We were told that we no longer would qualify for our original rate and that the "correct" rate for the two of us was to be about $145.00. Over $60.00 more because the room would have a second person in it. Apparently, as a couple, we would not qualify for their "corporate" or "business" rate, even though they don't list corporate or company rates or discounts. Sorry folks, never heard such nonsense before.

I talked with the manager on site who tried to explain Best Western's corporate philosophy and he did the best he could. But frankly, their convoluted pricing logic is bizarre and serves their potential non-business customers very badly. Very poor business strategy, in my opinion. Their pricing policy is certainly not as transparent for the customer as it should be.

In fairness to the manager, he did adjust our price to one comparable to another couple we were traveling with. By that time, we had shifted to a less expensive standard room, which I suppose made the adjustment more reasonable for him and Best Western.

So would I recommend this hotel? Maybe. However, book your reservation with your eyes open if you're traveling as a couple or family, as the rate difference is stunning versus the one-person rate. At least that was our unfortunate experience.

Room Tip: This hotel does not have an elevator. If that's an issue for you, be sure to book a first floor...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I made my reservation somewhat tentatively after reading a couple mediocre reviews. However, I found this property to be very adequate--about what I would expect of a Best Western in central Wisconsin.

Lobby is decent, rooms were clean, cable and Internet worked fine. My only critique would be the breakfast room, which was small and featured very simple continental fare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain1954
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. Because we do not have a restaurant on the premises, we are limited by the Wisconsin Department of Health to what we can present for breakfast. They do allow us to have the hot eggs, pancakes, and sausages because they are not prepared "in-house." Also, the local bakery delivers fresh pastries 3 to 4 times a week. Thanks again. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The amenities and caliber of the room itself didn't live up to the amount we paid to stay here. Just 2 nights in this hotel ended up costing us over $300, which was due to the overpriced nature of the hotel and the taxes which ended up tacking on over $50 more to the price. We paid A LOT for simple convenience and proximity to the family we were visiting and more than likely WILL NOT stay here again. Staff wasn't overly friendly either and when we asked about the additional fees at check out, the guy behind the desk could have cared less.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Griffin L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I never give a hotel a bad review I always try to find something positive but this hotel I couldn't '

We had made a last minute decision to go to Dubuque, IA with a overnight stop in Dodgeville should of kept going. I knew the price's were going to be high for the holiday weekend but not that high I also received a $25 discount from Best Western and a special rate that they would not offer but after a little complaining and mentioning that it did not say any where on the disclaimer except that it had to be used by June 15th then they honored it. After checking in I ask to see the bill and it still was not taken off after going thru everything again they said it would be fixed by morning NOT I talk with the manager got it all straighten out was not worth the trouble and the hotel is the not the greatest. With Governor Dodge state park and house on the Rock and all of the other attractions you would think they would keep this hotel in very nice condition
When we open the curtains the shade had a big stain right in the middle of if and the toiletries were open and half used nice maid service. The hotel is supposed to be smoke free but the hallways smelled of smoked real bade. I personally will not be back at this hotel I have stayed at many Best Westerns and this has to be the worst one ever.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else like supper 8
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jm3534
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed Friday May 16th and was surprised at how dingy and drab it looked. The website made it look much more quaint and nicer. The staff wasn't in uniform and only one person had a name tag. The staff wasn't very friendly except for the third shift guy (thank you!) The entire 1st level reeked of chlorine and there was water and stains on the carpeting. The pool area was disgusting, there was dirt and debris all in the pool and it was extremely tiny, definitely did not want to swim in there. I understand that it "shared" with the outside pool but it wasn't clean or a cover on the outside pool. The room was clean but my husband and I were so uncomfortable at how everything else looked that we actually carefully inspected our room and bedding. Thankfully the room was clean but the bed comfort-wise was awful, you could tell it was an old bed. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Needless to say we checked out a day early and found another hotel. Would not stay here again, especially for the price and that was with a reduced rate, I can't imagine paying full price!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Stephski0013
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do take pride in the operation of our hotel and will review each of your concerns with our staff. The pool does create a challenge at times being connected to the outdoor pool especially on a windy day. Be assured the pool chemicals are tested daily and by state law the records are sent to the State. We have a CPO (Certified Pool Operator) on staff that is responsible for this area. Although debris and such items as leaves work their way into the indoor pool at times, the up-side is you can swim outside all year round even when it is 10 degrees below zero. I do apologize for the concerns you presented and appreciate the opportunity you presented for our staff to make the necessary improvements. I will also pass on your compliments to our 3rd shift person, Austin, and to our housekeeping staff for the cleanliness of the room. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have stayed at many Best Westerns around the US. This one has more amenities for the price than most because of the lovely large pool and hot tub area with large sofa placements. We love the chain and use it whenever possible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Doug H, General Manager at Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodgeville
Quality Inn Mineral Point
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
Deer Valley Lodge & Golf
#1 of 1 in Barneveld
Country Inn By Carlson, Platteville

Been to Best Western Dodgeville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!