“Hands down best broasted chicken EVER!”

Richards Motel & Restaurant
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dunbar
Richards Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dunbar
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Hands down best broasted chicken EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Richard's is known in the area for their marinated, broasted chicken. It is always tender, juicy, crispy and downright YUMM. Service is a bit slow at times, even when they are not busy, but the food is always very good. We live in the area, so have never stayed at the motel, but we frequent their restaurant. I have to admit I'm a bit biased as they "saved the day" for our wedding reception. Their menu offers chicken dinners and they do not sell buckets of chicken, but when I called in tears and asked if they would sell me a 30 piece "bucket" of chicken, explaining that I had burned the pot of chili we were serving at the reception, they briefly discussed it and then asked if I could give them an hour to cook that amount of chicken. So in my book, they are fantastic!!
We did have a "bad" experience there once. My husband ordered a well done hamburger, which they offer cooked to order. It arrived medium rare...the waitress had mixed it up with another table. This was annoying as there were only four tables in the place, but an honest mistake and our only negative experience in years of going there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Green Bay, WI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

As a conessiour of Supper Clubs throughout Wisconsin, I had high hopes for Richards Restaurant, after driving past it for years, but they found many ways to dissapoint.

Richards is the only true restaurant on about a 30 mile strech of Highway 8 in Wisconsin. This might be why they set the bar so low. The bar selection is very limited, and our bartender had an attitude about serving us (maybe because we were not regulars). When we were seated in the dining room, we noticed a kind of "moldy" smell, and it was quite warm - (no real A/C, just a wall mounted unit). In spite of this, the menu had a lot of options, but we noticed everything about 20-30% more expensive than most supper clubs we frequent (about 10-15 different ones per year). I also was surprised that the salad bar was an additional $6.00, as these are typically included with your meal. Our guests with us at the table ordered steaks, and we ordered baked shrimp. Our guests though that the steaks were tough and overdone for medium-rare, and almost got into an argument with the waitress about it. My shrimp was OK, but covered in grease and butter. I had to wipe a lot off with a napkin to eat. I would've classified the experience as the lower end of average, but when we got our bill, I noticed that the drinks that we had ordered from the bar, were added onto the bill, despite the fact that we paid for them at the bar already. The waitress argued with me about this, and in the end took it off. It just seemed the entire time we were here the staff running the restaurant was resentful that we were there. Of all the Supper Clubs that I've been to, this is the first that I wouldn't return for at least a second try. Side note: a very threatining "salad be sharers will be charged" sign graces the salad bar, and was very funny.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ryanprint

Travellers are raving about these Dunbar hotels

River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I took her mother 4-wheeling for the mother's day. Luckily, Rick had 2 rooms cancel last minute and we stayed for 3 nights. The Marinette County trails were awesome. We had exceptional service from Tori both Friday and Saturday night. The steaks on Friday were cooked the way we wanted them and the Prime Rib Special on Saturday was right on as well. Next time we will have to try the deep fried chicken. We saw a lot being served. Rooms were clean and served all our needs. Housekeeping was very good. Free ice to guests that stay at motel. Rick took the time to get us a hose to clean our Razor as we had a little to much fun in the mud. All in all just an awesome weekend thanks to Rick and his staff at Richard's Motel.

Brent & Kristina

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Batavia, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

We were doing a road trip from Illinois, driving the Lake Michigan Circle Tour, (A Great Trip!). We strayed a little from the lake to check out Veteran’s Memorial County Park, McClintock Park (and rapids), and then drove over to Goodman County Park to see Strong Falls. All were great sites to stop and enjoy those areas.

We stopped at Richards Motel & Restaurant in Dunbar to spend a quick night and hit the road again early the next morning. The place is definitely dated, but very clean and kept up. The room was a good value and the place sold every room that night.

After we settled in, we walked back over to the restaurant for the fish fry. Very friendly service and the food was great too.It was a very nice finish to a great day on the road.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Minooka, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Went here for dinner one night while vacationing in the area. The chicken was very good as was the fish and wrap. If you're in Dunbar, it's worth a stop.

Note: the dinner menu wasn't available during the week; though, they did let me order the chicken from the dinner menu. I forgot to ask, but I'm guessing the dinner menu is reserved for weekends when more customers visit this restaurant.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I've stayed there and fished in that area for close to 55 years and the Richards hotel has always been the best! Resonable prices, clean rooms and good food add to the area!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hampshire, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

A cool retro super club and motel. Very clean rooms, excellent food, very reasonable prices and right on the snowmobile trail. What else could you want. If you plan on snowmobiling in this area I recommend staying at this place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dwain S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunbar
Econo Lodge
Country Hearth Inn - Iron Mountain
Mountain Host Motor Inn
Mountain Host Motor Inn
#8 of 11 in Iron Mountain

Been to Richards Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!