“Great local food”

Sweet Water Spirits and Resort
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
wisconsin
“Great local food”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Always eat here when we come up for vacation. Bar atmosphere, but above average bar food. They have daily specials and a fish fry which is very good. Outside seating in summer with slight view of lake. Really can't go wrong here.

• Visited January 2013

Eloy, Arizona
“Will definitely return”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've been going to Eagle River for years but never ate at this restaurant before. My brother recommended it so we thought we'd give it a try. My husband and I thought the menu offered a variety of choices and daily specials. The night we were there the special was a broasted chicken and BBQ rib platter,(probably about 4-5 ribs in the portion). My brother said they were pretty meaty, came right off the bone and were moist. My husband ordered the broasted chicken and thought the portion was generous (he ordered all white meat). My grilled chicken sandwich was huge and I was given a very huge portion of sweet potato fries. One night of the week they offer Mexican food. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited May 2013
sarasota, fl
“A Great PLace To Go For Lunch or Dinner”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I live in Eagle River and are familiar with all the restaurants listed on this site. Sweetwaters is, by far, our favorite. Their sandwiches are huge and great-tasting. Pizza is fantastic. Their wings on Wednesday nights are so wonderful, and only 25 cents a piece! The staff is so friendly and efficient. This restaurant is our "Cheers". In the summertime, you can come by boat, and in the wintertime, by snowmobile. Sweetwaters can''t be beat.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank jfz
Jackson, WI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't order the appetizers”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Stop here many times in the past traveling home from the up. Food was always good. Just stopped in for a light lunch...so we ordered their 3 appetizer deal for 13.00. Jalapeneo poppers, predictable. But the mini chicken tacos(light hard taco shell with mexican tasting mush inside) and mini chicken quesidillas( long straw with the same tasting mush). Terrible. Should have asked if it was freezer appetizers before ordering. Also has neat memoribilia but they should dust the display above the bar. I guess you wouldn't see it at night. Maybe they do it in spring.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank K W
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Will definitely return!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Cozy, attractive northwoods style tavern/restaurant with good, hot food and friendly service. Love the sweet potato fries! Great drinks as well...what's not to love?

Visited August 2012