“Do not waste your time”
Review of The Flour Sack - CLOSED

The Flour Sack
Cuisines: American, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: We now have our coffee shop in the front of the store for your enjoyment along with free WI-FI. We serve all espresso drinks both hot and cold along with a selection of freshly baked muffins, turnovers, cookies, scones and more. Our retail store sells gourmet & specialty foods, mixes, baking supplies, cooking utensils, organic & natural foods, and "Everything from Soup to Nuts". The Flour Sack is an attraction besides being a unique retail store and small coffee shop-- it is a fun and interesting place to visit.
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do not waste your time”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Wow do not waste your time with this company. I honestly believe the reviewers that are giving it a high rating must be fake.

I went to order flour from this company. I selected my product, and selected the shipping option online which stated $14.95 for shipping which seemed high but i was fine with. I placed my order, got a confirmation stating my order had gone through with that price listed. The next day I get an email from their so-called customer service stating that they were going to be charging me $31.00 for shipping instead. I obviously balked at this and pointed out that I had selected the shipping online and that I live in a normal city area (San Diego and not a rural area at all) and it's not as though the shipping weight of a 25lb bag of flour should come as a surprise (guess what the weight is -- 25 pounds! What a shocker!) so how could they advertise one price and then try to sell me another price on a product that does not change size or weight!

If i could give this company fewer stars than one I would. Do not waste your time or money on this company.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jon S

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great Little Cafe in the Back”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My teen-age son, mother-in-law, aunt, and I had lunch in the cafe in the back of the store during the week of the 4th of July. I had a salad, which was made from quality mixed greens (no iceberg lettuce) and it came with my choice of a muffin. Everyone in our party loved the food--even my 18 y/o son. We found it interesting that the food was served on little divided glass plates like those used at baby and wedding showers in days gone by. The decor was charming and after lunch we enjoyed looking at the healthy bulk food in the front of the store.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Denise A
United States
“Great Natural food store and small cafe.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Clean and lots of items for selection.The lunch menu looks good and the bakery offered great choices. Lots of coffee items.

Wisconsin
“Buying in bulk”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you like to bake or buy in bulk, this store cum restaurant is a good place to visit. The menu is not huge but it is a good place to meet up with your girlfriends or grab a quick bite. The store has a ton of baking supplies, dip mixes, candy, cheese and frozen pastries as well as healthy seeds and grains. A lot are sold in bulk style packaging so it is a good place to stop during your Northwoods visit.

Stoughton, Wisconsin
“Great place for spices and baking”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

HUGE inventory of spices, flours, etc for baking. A lot of items that I don't normally see when I'm shopping for supplies. I'll definitely be heading to their website for the holidays to pick up some one of a kind items and cookie decorations.