“A favorite stop on my summer travels to Eagle River”
Review of The Flour Sack - CLOSED

The Flour Sack
Cuisines: American
Description: We now have our coffee shop in the front of the store for your enjoyment along with free WI-FI. We serve all espresso drinks both hot and cold along with a selection of freshly baked muffins, turnovers, cookies, scones and more. Our retail store sells gourmet & specialty foods, mixes, baking supplies, cooking utensils, organic & natural foods, and "Everything from Soup to Nuts". The Flour Sack is an attraction besides being a unique retail store and small coffee shop-- it is a fun and interesting place to visit.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Love this place but be aware that they are no longer serving lunch effective 5/10/14. Still lots of good things to shop for, but it's the lunches that got me in there to shop.

1  Thank ourvan
northwoodsfoody, Owner at The Flour Sack, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for coming into our shop for lunch! You are correct we are no longer serving lunch sad to say, however you have to come back in to see all the changes that we have made to our coffee area. We have moved it to the front of the store so you can enjoy your favorite hot and cold drinks and have a freshly baked goodie - cookies, muffins, brownies, turnovers, scone or what ever we happen to bake that day. While you are here browse around and pick up all you favorite snacks. You know we do have "Everything from Soup to Nuts" Thank you again for coming into our store. Your business is much appreciated.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife wanted to drive up from Rhinelander to get a few items that she knew they had. As we entered the store my wife suggested that we eat lunch there. I agreed. The sandwich on special was the Kinda like Thanksgiving Dinner sandwich. Its turkey topped with provolone cheese, cranberry jelly and then lightly grilled on Cranberry Walnut bread. My wife order that with veggie soup and I ordered the not just ham with german potato salad. The waitress was hospital and pleasant and didn't miss a beat when taking orders, checking up on satisfaction and clearing tables. I love to cook and am always interested in gourmet combinations of flavors and tastes and in reading the menu and descriptions I knew I was in my kind of place.
The lunch was a comfortable, pleasing and delightful eating experience. The tastes of the foods triggered my insatiable appetite which led to a comfortable fullness. The creator of these Sandwich combinations reflects their hearts desire to give the customer the best of eating experiences. The memorable gift rememberance is off all the customers that walked throught the door wearing wonderful smiles. My demeanor when visiting can only be decribed as "The feeling of Christmas in your heart" A gift with neither wrapping or a bow.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Went here on our way out of town. Wished I would have stopped sooner. They have neat, unique items and things I will definately try the next time I'm in eagle river. Had a nice pumpkin spice soy latte.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I love the Flour Sack for lunch when I'm in the Northwoods! They have a very nice little restaurant in the back of the store. I have to have the "Kinda like Thanksgiving Dinner" sandwich, it's great! but so is everything on the menu and don't miss out of the soup of the day! The staff is great, very friendly and always welcoming.

And when you have finished lunch you can shop for all your cooking needs. Everyone in the family loves the Flour Sack, even the kids. My recommendation is try something new, something fresh - stay away from fast food and eat at local family owned places. Vote with your dollars!

1  Thank Erin B
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Wow do not waste your time with this company. I honestly believe the reviewers that are giving it a high rating must be fake.

I went to order flour from this company. I selected my product, and selected the shipping option online which stated $14.95 for shipping which seemed high but i was fine with. I placed my order, got a confirmation stating my order had gone through with that price listed. The next day I get an email from their so-called customer service stating that they were going to be charging me $31.00 for shipping instead. I obviously balked at this and pointed out that I had selected the shipping online and that I live in a normal city area (San Diego and not a rural area at all) and it's not as though the shipping weight of a 25lb bag of flour should come as a surprise (guess what the weight is -- 25 pounds! What a shocker!) so how could they advertise one price and then try to sell me another price on a product that does not change size or weight!

If i could give this company fewer stars than one I would. Do not waste your time or money on this company.

1  Thank Jon S