“Cooking and baking supplies, and sandwiches”
Review of The Flour Sack - CLOSED

The Flour Sack
Cuisines: American
Description: We now have our coffee shop in the front of the store for your enjoyment along with free WI-FI. We serve all espresso drinks both hot and cold along with a selection of freshly baked muffins, turnovers, cookies, scones and more. Our retail store sells gourmet & specialty foods, mixes, baking supplies, cooking utensils, organic & natural foods, and "Everything from Soup to Nuts". The Flour Sack is an attraction besides being a unique retail store and small coffee shop-- it is a fun and interesting place to visit.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Cooking and baking supplies, and sandwiches”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Come in for the sandwiches, but don't leave without some ingredients to cook with at home. They have a great selection of seasonings and spices in addition to decorations for cakes and other desserts. Fun seasonal candy can also be found here.

Visited June 2014

Phoenix, Arizona
“Surprisingly unpleasant”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Their espresso machine only serves double shots so no singles are possible. The woman was irritated and seemed to have great difficulty in explaining this clearly, but once I understood, I asked for an iced coffee instead, which she proceeded to create with so much cream in it, it turned completely white. She then handed it to me: "Here."
Felt like a "gotcha", and was delivered in just that spirit; inept and impolite.
My friends were appalled, but rather than spend any more time there I paid and left.
Go elsewhere for your coffee.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ncarol
West Chicago, Illinois
“A favorite stop on my summer travels to Eagle River”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Love this place but be aware that they are no longer serving lunch effective 5/10/14. Still lots of good things to shop for, but it's the lunches that got me in there to shop.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank ourvan
northwoodsfoody, Owner at The Flour Sack, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you so much for coming into our shop for lunch! You are correct we are no longer serving lunch sad to say, however you have to come back in to see all the changes that we have made to our coffee area. We have moved it to the front of the store so you can enjoy your favorite hot and cold drinks and have a freshly baked goodie - cookies, muffins, brownies, turnovers, scone or what ever we happen to bake that day. While you are here browse around and pick up all you favorite snacks. You know we do have "Everything from Soup to Nuts" Thank you again for coming into our store. Your business is much appreciated.
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“A serving of the heart”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My wife wanted to drive up from Rhinelander to get a few items that she knew they had. As we entered the store my wife suggested that we eat lunch there. I agreed. The sandwich on special was the Kinda like Thanksgiving Dinner sandwich. Its turkey topped with provolone cheese, cranberry jelly and then lightly grilled on Cranberry Walnut bread. My wife order that with veggie soup and I ordered the not just ham with german potato salad. The waitress was hospital and pleasant and didn't miss a beat when taking orders, checking up on satisfaction and clearing tables. I love to cook and am always interested in gourmet combinations of flavors and tastes and in reading the menu and descriptions I knew I was in my kind of place.
The lunch was a comfortable, pleasing and delightful eating experience. The tastes of the foods triggered my insatiable appetite which led to a comfortable fullness. The creator of these Sandwich combinations reflects their hearts desire to give the customer the best of eating experiences. The memorable gift rememberance is off all the customers that walked throught the door wearing wonderful smiles. My demeanor when visiting can only be decribed as "The feeling of Christmas in your heart" A gift with neither wrapping or a bow.

• Visited December 2013
Baraboo, Wisconsin, Usa
“Coffee”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Went here on our way out of town. Wished I would have stopped sooner. They have neat, unique items and things I will definately try the next time I'm in eagle river. Had a nice pumpkin spice soy latte.

Visited October 2013