“Good food and service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Metamora, Illinois
“Good food and service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We arrived early right before the place started to fill up. We were seated right away. The place is decorated with a north woods theme and really does not offer much of a view. We were given water and bread right away while we cruised the menu. The prices here were much more reasonable than The Chanticleer and the menu had more variety. My dad and I ordered steak with twice baked potato and my wife and daughter had broasted (fried) chicken. All dinners came with soup and salad bar. The salad bar was small but had a nice variety of salad toppings and fresh made salads. They also had a to die for cheddar cheese spread and crackers as well as soup. My steak came perfectly cooked and the potato was fluffy and wonderful. My dad liked his as well but could not finish it. My wife and daughters chicken was golden on the outside and juicy on the inside. They both opted for garlic mashed potatoes which I sampled and were fantastic. Our server was very enthusiastic and checked on us regularly. she brought another loaf of bread which my daughter really appreciated. All in all we had a wonderful meal that did not cost an arm and a leg. The place really filled up as we dined. I am glad we got there early. If we ever go back I would love to try the fish fry I have heard so much about.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jholls

Mankato, Minnesota
“Really good food, but awful service”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I could have easily given Eagle Waters a 4 or 5 based on food alone, but the service is some of the worst we've ever received. We were greeted about 5 minutes after we sat down, which wasn't terrible, but it only got worse from there. After taking our drink order, we didn't see our server again for 15 minutes. After dropping our drinks off, we waited an additional 20 minutes before she returned to take our order. We only saw her a few times the rest of our meal, and drink refills took at least 10 minutes every time. The saving grace was the food. All of us in our group really enjoyed their meals, and not one of us was unsatisfied with that. Our server was also very friendly, but her lack of attentiveness nearly ruined our experience, as it took us 2 hours from sitting down to paying our bill. The restaurant is beautiful, and the food is good, but be wary of the bad service.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Cody C
Wisconsin
“Great WI Fish Fry”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My mother and I just spent a week "up north" and wanted to cap off the week with a WI tradition- a Friday fish fry. Eagle Waters Resort Restaurant, just outside of Eagle River was the perfect place to have a fish fry. The atmosphere is north woods cozy and the fireplace was roaring on this cold April evening. I chose to add the fresh salad bar to the fish fry. The dinner came with choice of french fries, sweet potato fries, potato pancakes or potato salad. We had the sweet potato fries which were excellent. The two pieces of fish were giant and we received an ample portion of cole slaw plus fresh rolls. It was all-you-can eat fish fry but we couldn't even finish our first servings. Service was excellent. I would definitely go back and recommend the fish fry to others.

• Visited April 2014
Eagle River, Wisconsin, United States
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

One of the best brunches I have ever had, meals have never been a disappointment, owner is very accommodating. We had my wife's 50th birthday party there and it could not have been better. The antiquities are everywhere and will make you smile and remember, in the winter you can sit by a large open fireplace and have a glass of wine or hot chocolate with the kids, live entertainment during the warmer months. Eagle Waters is always a local favorite.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dave B
Eagle River, Wisconsin
“Atmosphere and Excellence!”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Eagle Waters is a landmark resort which has been lovingly updated while retaining the character of the Northwoods. We always go earlier than we actually want to dine so we can enjoy the bar/lounge area. The menu has everything one could wish for, but we find outselves usually ordering our favorites. Friday Fish Fry is terrific and the salad and soup bar has enough to satisfy all. Eagle Waters is one of the few places in the area where Sunday Brunch is offered, with such a selection, we can't begin to do it justice. The owner, bar staff, and servers are friendly and competent. Eagle Waters is a family-friendly place, yet feels also like Date Night! Summer evenings on the patio with live music under the stars is a treat for everyone.

• Visited December 2013