“A welcomed addition LOL” 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler's Inn
Traveler's Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Eagle River
Franklin Park, Illinois
“A welcomed addition LOL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've been staying here for over a year now or this is my 8th time and I was surprised by a big white board at the entrance to the parking lot. I immediately busted laughing because I remember last August the owner had massive problems with parking from a neighboring business. Long story short it was a madhouse with people leaving their cars in driveway or taking up guests spots. I think I witnessed the police come in to address the issue at least 4 times during the 2 days that I've stayed. I was even considering staying elsewhere when I drove by and saw the big sign "Travelers Inn Parking Only..." But you should see it for yourself. I talked to Mark and he told me it is the only way to stop the "invasion" LOL! Personally I appreciate the fact that paying customer takes priority at this establishment!!! And this time there was no police! Of course rooms are always clean and in tip top shape, I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank 361TomF

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rybnik, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Just driving across U.S. (probably not the best time but it's our only chance) we got stuck in the snow and rain storm. We pulled into this place right downtown. Lobby had that vintage feeling to it with lots of aged woodwork. We were greeted by a barking dog. From the kitchen came out the owner and said that the dog is his doorbell. We were surprised by the rates and were really expecting the worst instead we got a very clean room #24. It reminded me of my first studio apartment. The bathroom was clearly redone with new tub and tile a very pleasant surprise. We did ask for extra pillows and blankets and that was taken care of with no fuss. The beds had to be also recent addition as they were very comfortable. The heat did take a little time to come in as it was radiator heat but at least it wasn't noisy. The brown paneling walls are a blast from the past, but for a winter storm refuge it was great. If we ever come through this way, we will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mariusz R
Franklin Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

A friend who stayed here last year informed me of this place. And I have stayed here already 3 times with different friends doing ice fishing. It's right downtown, very convenient. Parking is no problem. The best thing is their huge rooms which are CHEAP in the off season. Rooms are huge you can bring all your fishing equipment and then some and still have plenty of room. Very clean!!! The owner even cleared my car off of snow last time I was here when we got 6". Internet worked ok in my room. The place is a bit dated and the decor screams 70s but I am willing to overlook that. One complain I have, I couldn't park my truck in front of my room I like to keep an eye on it. Overall, I recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
9 Thank 361TomF
Schiller Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed in a different motel in an area but the wi fi connection there was almost worthless. So for 1 night I stayed in this motel. I told the reception that I needed good connection for a confrence call. He told me to bring my laptop and and we find the best place for the internet. I did just that and in room 2 I had 5 strong bars so I took the room. My conference call went perfectly and I was happy.

As for the motel, it is an older place but looks redone. Bathroom looked new and clean in fact everything was clean. I even checked the mattress and it had a tag dated 2011. There is even a small fridge and rather still old CRT tv and no microwave, but there is one where they serve coffee.

There are no frills here no swimming pool, sauna or workout room it is a motel, and that is why the rate is so reasonable.

The location is good, everything you need you can walk to.

I gave it 5 stars because I rate it on the fact that it is just a motel and they clearly charged me for that. For business trips, you bet I be back.

Room Tip: Room 2 has good WI FI overlloks the main street but there was no traffic at nite so I got good nite...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank 2HardWorking
Rolling Meadows, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I been staying at this motel for few years now always for Artarama. I am an artist and have been a regular at this show. I have bounced between motels in Eagle River and most of them require a 2 night stay untill I found this one, and it was a keeper for me. Very reasonably priced and clean rooms primarily becasue of the cleaning done by Maria but also because of the renovations they have done. In fact one time I was passing through in the offseason and stopped to spend the night, Mark was of course hard at work. I had to wait for him to put locks on the doors as they were not expecting anyone and embarked on one of their project. Of course I waited and got to be the first guest/tester of a newly renovated room.

For me this place is mostly convenience, clean bed, clean room, good night sleep is all that I really need and it is what I get year after year and with the addition of a WI FI I get to stream movies to pass my time. The downtown location is also conveniant for me, easy to grab a bite or go for a drink.

Parking can be sometimes tricky with a larger vehicle, but there is a large grassy lot behind the motel where I like to park my Econoline van and trailer. This motel has been working out very well for me.

Room Tip: Personally, I like room 20 a bit more expansiive but i like my space and this kitchenette is almost...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Damian F
Anoka, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed here after a bike trip around Lake Superior. The rooms were decent. Our bathroom seemed to be newly remodeled and was very nice and clean. The rooms are older but the price is right. It is also walking distance to the downtown gift shops and bars. The location was nice after riding all day since we could walk downtown. We would probably stay again if we came back to Eagle River.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Verndawg
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Twice a year we spent time in northern part of Wi. We mostly travel to Eagle River and stay at Travelers' Inn. It is very close to local shops and restaurants, which makes the stay very convenient. Reasonable pricing is easy on the wallet.
The rooms are very clean, employees are helpful and friendly and the dog Sammy won't leave you alone untill she gets petted.We very much appriciated our stay and we thank Mark & Maria for always making it pleasant and special.
We'll see you soon. The leafs will be changing colors soon and we'll be back. Keep a light on fro us. once again big thanks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family