“Great Northwoods atmosphere”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Northwoods atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good simple food, fun & bright setting. Beach volleyball outside, fun for family or friends. Casual, will definitely go back.

Visited August 2014

Rhinelander, WI
“Ahi Tuna--Not to be missed”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

While not considering ourselves experts in the preparation and presentation of Ahi Tuna, we have sampled this from some of the best restaurants. None (NONE) surpasses the look, feel, taste and quantity of the 12 Pines' tuna. The portions are large, the cut of the meat thick and the accompanying wasabi and mustard add just the right amount of beauty and tanginess. We would come back again, just for the tuna.

1 Thank Northpith
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Poor service average food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had dinner on a Friday night. Only a 10 minute wait was nice. The fish and chips was good. The tarter sauce was in squirt bottles on the tables. Not sure how long the mayo was sitting out. Ours had only a small amount left in it. After waiting 15 min for the waitress to check on how our food was I went and got some off another table. My husband had the browsers chicken and enjoyed it. My niece had the veggie burger The middle of it was fine but the edges were burnt. Overall I would say the food was average. What was very disappointing was the service. It seemed like all of the wait staff was trying to avoid eye contact with the customers. When our food arrived we had empty glasses. No one asked us if we needed anything else. After 10 min we flagged down the waitress who took our drink order. 10 min later still no drinks so we went to the bar. After we had drank half of what we got from the bar she came with our drinks. When we said we got them at the bar she shrugged set them down and asked away. When we got the bill I made a note on the bill that the service was terrible and if they had questions till give me a call with a phone number. I gave it to a woman who said she was the owner. That was 4 days ago and still no call from her.

2 Thank jcgvaala
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Up North”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Just had burgers and fries, but food was very good. Great waitstaff and owners came by and visited with us.

Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
“Miscommunication? I think not...”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I ate there in early July. It was not a busy night. I ordered the homemade spinach and garlic ravioli and he ordered an Italian Beef sandwich. When we got our meals, I took a bite and did not find any spinach in my ravioli. Well, thinking it was supposed to be homemade, I thought that maybe it was that one piece. Took another bite, and still no spinach. Finally asked the waitress about it, and she went to check. Initially, she had told me that I was getting the last of the spinach ravioli. When she came back, she told me that they were actually out of the spinach ravioli and the kitchen decided to substitute cheese ravioli instead. Seriously? When I asked the server why she didn't come tell me right away, so I could have the chance to order something different, she asked me if I wanted something different. At that point, my husband was half done with his pretty bland sandwich. We really didn't feel like sitting there for another 15 minutes waiting for something else. When the bill came, I was disappointed to see that they did not offer any discount or offer us a free drink, reduce our bar bill, etc. after I talked with someone, then they offered me drink tokens to be used on our next visit. Hmmm....not sure there will be a next visit...they offered us dessert to go. Was afraid to ask for cheesecake because I probably would have gotten pie...

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rocketmama

Been to Tijan's Twelve Pines? Share your experiences!