“Up North ambiance and food”

Tijan's Twelve Pines
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We liked the large screen porch dining room with tiki bar and casual furniture, and the large sand volleyball court right outside that the kids could play on while we waited for food. The food was good, especially the broasted chicken, and one order is enough for two to eat. It took a long time to get drinks once ordered, but they have a full bar and a very impressive beer list for an Up North place.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I went on a Friday night, looking for a different place for a Fish Fry while in the Eagle River area. We managed to get there before the crowd showed up and got a table right away. We did wait a good 10-15 minutes before anyone came over to take a drink order (someone brought water and breadsticks during this time). We finally ordered drinks and an appetizer and then dinner. I had the haddock, my husband the perch/bluegill combo. It took a fairly long time to get our food, but both were very good and would recommend either again. The fries were hot and well seasoned and each dinner came with baked beans and cole slaw, both good.
In general, I would recommend the place and would return again. While the service was spotty at times, it's not out of the norm for up there and our server, Cindy was very friendly and was certainly busy.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Good simple food, fun & bright setting. Beach volleyball outside, fun for family or friends. Casual, will definitely go back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

While not considering ourselves experts in the preparation and presentation of Ahi Tuna, we have sampled this from some of the best restaurants. None (NONE) surpasses the look, feel, taste and quantity of the 12 Pines' tuna. The portions are large, the cut of the meat thick and the accompanying wasabi and mustard add just the right amount of beauty and tanginess. We would come back again, just for the tuna.

1  Thank Northpith
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We had dinner on a Friday night. Only a 10 minute wait was nice. The fish and chips was good. The tarter sauce was in squirt bottles on the tables. Not sure how long the mayo was sitting out. Ours had only a small amount left in it. After waiting 15 min for the waitress to check on how our food was I went and got some off another table. My husband had the browsers chicken and enjoyed it. My niece had the veggie burger The middle of it was fine but the edges were burnt. Overall I would say the food was average. What was very disappointing was the service. It seemed like all of the wait staff was trying to avoid eye contact with the customers. When our food arrived we had empty glasses. No one asked us if we needed anything else. After 10 min we flagged down the waitress who took our drink order. 10 min later still no drinks so we went to the bar. After we had drank half of what we got from the bar she came with our drinks. When we said we got them at the bar she shrugged set them down and asked away. When we got the bill I made a note on the bill that the service was terrible and if they had questions till give me a call with a phone number. I gave it to a woman who said she was the owner. That was 4 days ago and still no call from her.

2  Thank jcgvaala