“Very nice, but”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 22 September 2013

A very nice restaurant, but the service is slow - I mean real slow. But on the other hand the food is very good and if you are on vacation, what is the rush! It can be a little pricey, but again if you are on vacation have fun.

1  Thank Erin B

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I make this and annual stop during our visit to Eagle River. The servers are always attentive to our needs. The meals are outstanding. The meal was begun with a nice selection of bread. Grapeseed oil with garlic is placed on the table to dip the bread into. We had the Pot Roast of Veal with Root Vegetable Mash and Demi Glace'. Our veal was so incredibly tender and the potatoes which are a mashed mixture of potato, parsnip, rutabaga and carrot are a perfect combination, gently sweet. Had bread pudding for desert and it was also very good. The fish on Friday is a very tasty experience. We are looking forward to dining at the Riverstone each time we pass through Eagle River.

1  Thank 89WorldTravelers
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I dined at this restaurant two years ago with friends and had a decent meal but poor service, a one and a half hours wait. There was not a comfortable location to have a drink with friends and the wait staff did not attend to us while waiting to take our food orders. It was an irritating enough experience that I planned on not going back.
This year we went back at the urging of friends. The wait has now grown to two hours, the waiting experience has gotten worse, and the prices have gone up, the food is still decent. The staff is still absent and when they are around are unfriendly. At these prices I expect more. I may have to find some new friends.
Fred

2  Thank Fred W
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Wow. What great meals - I had veal wellington with asparagus and baked potato, my husband had the roast duck with asparagus. Amazing appetizers with the best home-made baked hot bread ever, with delicious garlic dipping oil. Salads were great. Old fashioned great. Service & atmosphere great. We got there early but when we left the place was packed and people were waiting.

2  Thank Martha W
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We showed up on a Holiday Weekend without reservations. They got us a very nice table with a short wait. My wife was suffering from a headache and they went out of the way to try to find her some aspirin. Excellent menu with some different items you just don't find in Northern Wisconsin. The waitress understood the demands of small children and did an excellent job of taking care of us. Definitely a kid friendly restaurant. We will be back for sure!

1  Thank William S