“Great Atmosphere !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Soda Pops
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Eagle River
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great Atmosphere !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Family friendly, throw-back to a bygone era. Great spot for a burger and a malt. Great decor and service. A real Northwoods treat.

Denver, Colorado
“Old fashioned experience and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stopped in for lunch and really enjoyed the ambiance and nostalgia of the place. Old fashioned bottled sodas and great milk shakes. The food good as well. It's a 'do over'.

Minocqua
“Bad News Tourist Trap with Mediocre Over-priced Fare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stopped in the other day to finally try this place out. Wow. Greasy burger, limp fries, too-small over-priced shake. If that wasn't bad enough, I went into their soda/root beer gift shop and managed to get ripped off there too. (Shame on me.) They sell some hard-to-get root beers that I like, so I picked out 12 and took them up to the counter. The sign read: "Buy 1-7 for $2.99 each, 8-15 for $2.62 each/$3 off." But, when I added it up afterward I realized that I'd paid $2.75 per bottle. What happens is they don't multiply 12 bottles by $2.62, but instead charge you the full $2.99 and then take off only $3 no matter how many you buy between 8 and 15. So if you buy 7 bottles, the amount does come to $2.62 each, but if you buy more than that the cost per bottle keeps going up--because they only take a total of $3 off for your total purchase between 8 and 15. You gotta do the math, but basically it's a rip-off. When I pointed it out to the clueless employee and equally clueless manager (both very young) they clearly didn't understand the math, much less bother to apologize for the deception. Enjoy this place, tourists--I've learned my lesson.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MinocquaLocal
Munster, Indiana
“Enjoy the atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The atmosphere in this restaurant is what we come for. The chicken chili was really good and the burgers were average (but there is a fixins bar that helped). Loved the sweet potato fries. If you are a soda fan, then you will enjoy finding some of your old time favorites.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“My kids still love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We visit Soda Pops every time we come to Eagle River. My kids are older now but they still love the shakes and burgers here. It does get a little crowded but the food comes out pretty fast so you don't have to wait too long. When we visited, there was a line but it was during the busy 4th July weekend and it was worth the wait. Typical American food, the retro look adds to our entertainment. It has become part of our family tradition to visit Soda Pops. Good, clean place to eat in Eagle River.

Visited July 2013

Been to Soda Pops? Share your experiences!