Wild Eagle Lodge
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Eagle River
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our 2nd time staying here (last time was 8 years ago) and I was pleasantly surprised that the condos were still in great condition and staff was very nice and accommodating. We had a 2b/2b overlooking Lynx Lake. The grounds are well maintained and many amenities provided like pontoon and speed boat rentals (we did both), free kayaks, rowboats and canoes as well as 2 fire pit areas complete with seating and firewood overlooking the lake. My boys enjoyed the indoor pool at night as well as playing basketball (also has a tennis and volleyball court). The restaurant on site has good food and it's convenient (service was a little slow but generally that is the case up there). The new bike trail between Eagle River and Three Lakes is awesome and challenging (we brought our own bikes). If you are looking for a Northwoods adventure but want all the comforts, this is the place.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Betsyo21
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Wild Eagle Lodge thanks you kindly for your feedback regarding your stay. We are so happy that you came back to see us once again after 8 years and that you enjoyed your lodging accommodations. It is also nice to hear your comments and thoughts regarding the new bike trail that runs from Eagle River to Three Lakes. "Awesome and challenging" is great news for all of those bikers out there who want to experience the Northwoods of Wisconsin. What better way to do it then by biking through the scenic forests? We thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back again for a future stay.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband I finally were able to get some time away to just relax and unwind. The grounds were so nicely maintained and cleaned and our unit was perfect (except for the TV which we also called in about.) We had all the comforts of home in a more Northwood's setting. The loons, otter and wild eagles were more than we imagined. Loved that we could rent a pontoon right at the resort and had great weather for boating, swimming and enjoying the great outdoors. Thanks for helping us relax. My husband usually is ready to go home about day 3 or 4. He said he wanted to stay forever. Looking into this as a future retirement community! Thanks for the wonderful time.

Room Tip: Liked being upstairs and just sitting on our deck enjoying the view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We are so happy to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us! Wild Eagle Lodge is a fantastic place for retired folks to relax and play. If you would like additional information on purchasing a lodge home (condo) or if you would like any other information for a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me, (Tammy) at Wild Eagle Lodge. I am so glad you had the opportunity to take in Mother Nature and the wildlife as well. This is one of the many benefits of visiting the Northwoods of Wisconsin. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've stayed there twice as part of a large group and overall they have exceeded expectations.
I could list many minor issues I've had, but they are indeed quite minor and not the types of things that are unique to this property in any way.

I'll focus on the positives: great access to the water, easy going staff that works hard to get you what you need, nice boat rentals, nice selection of free watersports at the beach such as kayaks and canoes, clean property constantly being maintained, nice units that are just fine for vacation, well stocked kitchen, good free wi-fi throughout, lots of new or like new Weber kettle grills throughout the property so it was no problem to grill whenever one would like.

The docks need some work. Areas that are collapsing a bit and there needs to be improvement in the number and location of tie-on cleats.

Would absolutely stay here again if back in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate any and all feedback and are thrilled that you have come back to stay with us once again. I have some great news to share with you! We applied for new and additional dock space with the Department of Natural Resources. It looks like we have been approved to install the new and additional docks for 2015. We are very excited to be able to offer the new docks to our guests next summer. We hope you come back to vacation with us next year.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We love wild eagle. Hans was the best! Only requests would be a swing near our building - they are all by the beach. Also wish the TVs were upgraded. Ours broke down twice. We travel with our daughter who is 9 and she sees the same friends there. Camp Runamuk used to be better-bring the old program back...pls.

• Stayed: July 2014
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will be sure to inform Hans what a great job he is doing! We do our best to strategically place the wooden chairs and swings around the property so everyone can enjoy them. However, from time to time they do get moved to different locations. We hope that you were still able to enjoy the panoramic lake view and breeze. Our beach has a number of Adirondack chairs that our guests are welcome to use as well the patio chairs located on each patio or deck. We apologize that you were having some difficulties with your TV. Rest assured that if your Television was malfunctioning that we have since replaced it with a new one. Please feel free to email me at tammy@wildeaglelodge.com to inform me what you feel we can do better with our Camp Run A Muk/Family Activities Program. You mentioned bringing back the old program. I would sincerely appreciate more details about what you liked about the old program versus the new one. Thanks again for your feedback. We appreciate your return business and look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay. If you have any free time to get away this Fall, the Northwoods is a magnificent time to come up and view all of the breathtaking colors. The Eagle River area also hosts it's annual Cranberry Fest over the weekend of October 3rd - 5th. If you like cranberries and crafts, this is an event you won't want to miss. Visit www.eagleriver.org if you'd like more information on this growing event.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

As a former resident of Eagle River, this trip was the first time I'd stayed there as a tourist. I'd read about Wild Eagle Lodge on tripadvisor.com (as well as having had friends recommend it) and wondered if it could really live up to its reputation. In short, it can and it did.

I was thrilled to get a good off-season rate and a unit that overlooked quiet Lynx Lake. Beautiful northwoods view from the condo, but I was equally impressed with the quality and attractiveness of the furnishings throughout the unit. Excellent standards of cleanliness and comfort.

A bonus of staying off-season is how quiet it was at the resort. At night, I could clearly hear the distinct call of loons from the lake and the wind in the trees. Perfect. I hope next time, my visit can last longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for choosing Wild Eagle Lodge as your vacation destination. We are so pleased that you were able to experience the beautiful loon calls as the sound carried across Lynx Lake. Please give us a call when you find the opportunity to travel to the Northwoods once again. If you would like, please feel free to visit our website and sign up for our special promotion emails. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

On a whim, my wife, Donna, said, "Let's take a vacation in Wisconsin!" I thought she was crazy! WISCONSIN! SERIOUSLY? Since it was her idea, we, of course, went - To Wild Eagle Lodge in Eagle River. Turns out SHE was right and I was wrong!

We LOVED this place! The lodges look rustic but the interiors are new and clean. We were in unit 101, which is the bottom left unit in the far left lodge if looking at them from Duck Lake. Our view was through so nice pine trees to the lake and I was always reminded of "On Golden Pond" every time a loon cried out!

We had a slight mishap within an hour of our arrival. The units have a nice gas fireplace to throw some romantic heat into the room and I fired it up as it was about 62 degrees when we arrived. I never even thought about the exhaust but, fortunately, I decided to walk to the lake to look at our dock (each renter gets dock space). Walking back to the unit, I noticed a huge flame on the deck of the unit. A robin had built a nest on the exhaust and this caught fire. I knocked it down and put out the fire. (Do not blame housekeeping as a robin can build a nest in an hour or so.) Be sure to check before starting your fireplace.

I met the man upstairs and it turned out he was on the board of directors. He is a very sweet man that we enjoyed talking with frequently. That brings us to the staff. ALL were very nice and quite helpful but I must say that one stood out for us - Amelia! We lost WiFi for a while and when I called, she immediately came to the room and checked. When she saw she had also lost WiFi in the room she took us to look at another room that did have it. We chose to stay where we were and they had it fixed the next day. All week long, she always put herself out to be of great service. I give the entire staff an "A" but she gets an "A+".

While there is plenty to do year round in Eagle River, do try to bring or rent a boat. The chains of lakes are wonderful and we spent an entire day just cruising around, looking at some of the stunning homes on the water.

All the units at Wild Eagle Lodge have full kitchens and, cooking utensils, and dinnerware. The only thing you will absolutely WANT to bring is plenty of BUG SPRAY. You are in the north woods and the mosquitoes here have no fear of daylight. I suggest light colored clothes and not walking in the woods at night.

Will we go back? ABSOLUTELY!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the restaurant area as you can. They often have weddings and othe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gregory_ellis
Tammy S, Director of Sales at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We are so glad that you and your wife chose Wild Eagle Lodge for your vacation. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.

We apologize for the mishap with the bird's nest. The bird's seem to really like to make their nests on the exhaust. We try to watch this closely but unfortunately that one created her nest rather quickly I expect. We thank you for your understanding.

We are glad that you were able to see an Eagle soaring by. They truly are magnificent birds and it is such a treasure to see one in it's natural environment.

We look forward to having you as our guests again for a future stay. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

First time visit and will come back to that place again.The lake is wonderful. Beautiful views from all units! The resort has a nice walking trail around the property and lots of docks for your boats. There is a very nice restaurant, the Blue Heron, on the property. Its best to make a reservation for that, since it can get crowded. The pool is clean and very nice. There are tennis and basketball courts on the property.

Overall I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tammy S, General Manager at Wild Eagle Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to visit our website and check out what events are taking place in the Eagle River area. We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagle River
Best Western Plus Concord Inn
Days Inn Eagle River
Days Inn Eagle River
#4 of 12 in Eagle River

Been to Wild Eagle Lodge? Share your experiences!