“Outstanding!”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Eddie B's White Spruce Inn is now under new ownership and invites you to come enjoy our friendly service and fine dining experience. Located in Eagle River's oldest log building, we provide a unique dining experience with scenic views of the water, outdoor seating, and boat parking available. We offer a large selection of entrees and a large wine selection to accompany any meal. Try our ribs, steak, walleye, or fish fry to mention a few.
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Cranberry Fest Weekend, so it was very busy. Garlic mashed potatoes were good, Wisconsin Beer Cheese soup was very good. The ribs were outstanding!! Will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013

Conover, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad.. Really Bad.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have never written a review before but feel it is my duty to do so as my husband I sit here completely green and looking for the Pepto-Bismol.
We should have been clued in to what we were in for when the salads arrived at the table. Limp and lifeless the lettuce not even cold, as if it sat on the counter for a full day. Even the bread/rolls in the basket were stale and rock hard.
I wanted to try the beer cheese soup, it was as if someone plopped cheese wiz into a cup and warmed it.. or maybe that fake nacho cheese you get with stadium nachos. Completely gross with stale croutons sitting on top.
My husband ordered a steak that had 3 'coconut' shrimp on the side with a baked potato. The steak was a nice cut of meat that they completely mutilated. Overcooked it, and covered it in some kind of sage seasoning that overpowered and almost made it inedible. The coconut shrimp were barely warmed and completely freezer burnt. After one bite of the shrimp he couldn't eat anything else and felt like he may have to run and throw up in the bathroom. It was THAT bad.
I ordered the walleye with wild rice on the side. The fish was alright, I was thankful as I couldn't eat the rice.. It was not cooked! It was like trying to eat gravel. You would think a Northwoods restaurant would know how to cool wild rice but if I attempted a second bite I'm sure I would have broken several teeth. Do the cooks not try this stuff before sending it out??
My son ordered PLAIN buttered noodles with meatballs. Came out cold with hard parmesan cheese chunks all over it.. and parsley or chives sprinkled on top. We had to send it back as we just wanted PLAIN buttered noodles. Made ourselves pretty clear but they apparently didn't get it. Poor kid had to sit an extra 15 minutes while they tried again.
Our waitress was like a robot. I think her face would have shattered if she cracked a smile or showed the slightest bit of personality.
We couldn't get of there fast enough.. and all for the wonderful value of 90.00 for a family of three to come home completely ill. Disgusted.
As we were leaving we found that the owner was in the bar having drinks and watching the game. If he does not want this place to go under he best get his butt back in the kitchen and get a better handle on what is going on back there.
Do not waste your time or your money. There are SEVERAL wonderful restaurants in the area - but this is NOT one of them.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NwoodsCarol
Larsen,WI
“Schizophrenic Meal.”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Someone in the kitchen can cook as we had excellent entrees. My husband enjoyed his smoked ribs with a tangy sauce. I had an excellent generous sized piece of pan fried walleye, The fish was seasoned well, moist and had a very light coating that was crisped nicely. If all we were served had been entrees and the salad course, we would have left very satisfied. Unfortunately, sides that we ordered and attempted to eat were a huge disappointment. I had asparagus that was criminally over cooked. To put pieces of fresh asparagus on a plate the pale green color I received should never pass any final kitchen inspection, even if you were 15 feet away. No flavor and water logged, YUCK! The hollandaise was ordered on the side. I have never seen anything that color and consistency come from eggs, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper, so I suspect this was a pre-packaged item., DOUBLE YUCK! If you have someone who can put out a perfect piece of fish, they ought to be able to make a basic Hollandaise. If not, don't offer it. My husband's corn muffin was very dry and crumbly. He doesn't like cole slaw, but what I saw in the serving cup looked pretty bad, the dressing was runny and separated, not creamy at all. A little time and attention to details would go a long way. Obviously, someone in that kitchen knows the basics and puts out some great food. Get that person in charge of everything and you'll have an excellent rating from me.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BarbaraF841
Racine, Wisconsin
“Park the boat and eat”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Great deck area for outside dining. Enough docks to accommodate most boats We never saw the inside of the resturant so we can't review. Food in general was good.

Visited July 2013
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Best ribs in the area”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The new owner, Eddie B, has worked hard to improve the menu and quality of the food here and his hard work is paying off. In the last year he put in a smoker and now their ribs are the best in the area. Along with a tasty salad, potato and corn bread, you can't beat this meal.

Visited June 2013