Eddie B's White Spruce Restaurant & Tavern
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Eddie B's White Spruce Inn is now under new ownership and invites you to come enjoy our friendly service and fine dining experience. Located in Eagle River's oldest log building, we provide a unique dining experience with scenic views of the water, outdoor seating, and boat parking available. We offer a large selection of entrees and a large wine selection to accompany any meal. Try our ribs, steak, walleye, or fish fry to mention a few.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stopped in after fishing to have a beer and ended up eating, the food was good and the staff friendly. I would recommend the ribs.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This restaurant has had mixed reviews in the past, but the new owner has made it his business to please his customers. I'm generally leary of ordering baby back BBQ ribs because of the wide range of quality that can result. However, this time, I hit the jackpot. The ribs are cooked for four hours and then baked for a similar amount of time. The results were great...not dry or burned but moist and tasty. The new owner is friendly and conscientenious and wants to please his customers. They actually serve REAL bread, not the gummy excuse that one typically gets at some restaurants. I asked for oil and vinegar for my salad and I got balsamic vinegar and olive oil, the best option that I could expect! The service was also excellent. I plan on eating there again tonight, since I had such a great first visit. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank raguido
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My friends and I came here for a quick drink on a run into town, but enjoyed it so much that we came back with the rest of the crowd for dinner. The owner, Ed, was in the bar and very affable, and the bartender, Jason, made great drinks. At dinner I had the jager schnitzel which was delicious. My friends enjoyed the wall-eye, some had spaghetti, which they liked, and a couple of people had ribs or steak. The only reason I am giving this a 4 and not a 5 is because a couple of people said their food was a bit salty. I would happily come here again. If you do, I suggest you try the "Pink Squirrel," a dessert drink. It is just so good.

1  Thank NatalieGray
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband had the stuffed salmon which was decent and I had the BBQ Ribs which I was encouraged to try by the locals. I didn't think they were anything spectacular, rather on the dry side, but the sauce was unique and spicy, so that made up for the lack of quality in the ribs. The cornbread muffin they served was delicious, but the beans and the coleslaw were left on my plate. The service was quick and we were in and out for dinner.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I can't discuss my dining experiance as we left before we could be seated. With open tables in plain view, 2 servers avoided any eye contact with me as our family of 4 waited at the Host Station. Finally, a man who I presume was the Owner, came over and I said "Table for 4 please?" He looked at a notepad and said he had several "thick" tables being served in the kitchen and it would be 30 minutes before we could be seated. I remarked that there was a table set for 4 in plain view and he wouldn't seat us. We went to the White Stag Inn in Rhinelander instead and had a stunning meal spending well over $100.

We couldn't understand why he didn't seat us, slide some drinks under our noses and let us ponder the menu for a while. Much better option than watching us leave with no revenue at all !

5  Thank Mark S