“DO NOT STAY HERE- RIPOFFS- LIARS-UNFRIENDLY- FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in East Troy
Frankfort, Illinois
“DO NOT STAY HERE- RIPOFFS- LIARS-UNFRIENDLY- FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I stayed at this hotel over the 4th of July weekend and it was a horrible experience. From the moment we checked in we dealt with rude staff and terrible service, especially for the ridiculous overpriced room.

Worst of all, I found out two weeks later that I wouldn't get back my $175 DEPOSIT because of "extremely excessive damages". These damages were fabricated, yes there was some garbage left over, BUT WHERE ELSE DO YOU PUT IT? The manager claimed the carpets had to be scrubbed and everything else stripped. I never would have left the room in this condition. DO NOT STAY HERE. [--] THIS HOTEL AND THEIR STAFF. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank fball1989
cx_troy, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us.

We pride ourselves in delivering excellent customer service and room standards. I apologize that we fell short during your stay.

I will use your feedback to fine tune our operations.

Country Inn & Suites Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Galesburg, IL
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My Sister and I have been staying at the Country Inn & Suites in East Troy, WI for about 3 yrs now. We meet there twice a year to visit and catch up. We get together and scrapbook, do some sightseeing and enjoy some shoppping and frequentiing our favorite restaurants. We have always been treated like queens by the staff and by Amber, the hotel manager. Wonderful place, courteous staff - just a great place to stay!!

• Stayed April 2010
Earth, Texas
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Room Location: Second floor North side;
Odors: None:
Noise: Intermittent A/C unit fan:
Cleanliness: Clean. Just like home:
Staff: Courteous. Intentionally gave us a room away from all the activity associated with a large wedding party. So we heard no party noise;
Breakfast quantity/quality, when included in room rate: Below average;

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 16 October 2009

This hotel is only in business because it is the only hotel in the area. We booked here because all of the much nicer campgrounds were full. It was so not worth it for over $200 but we needed a place to stay and we were willing to pay it. The gal at the front desk was super-nice when we checked in and I got an overall favorable opinion. The room was dirty with some sort of food under the bed but we were there to have fun and I wasn't going to complain. The problems came at checkout. After I checked in and signed the reservation form, they had scratched through my rate and written in a higher rate. So, when I checked out they tried to charge me the higher rate saying I had signed the form confirming that rate. When I explained to them that I had never been told of a rate change and that the change happened after I signed the form, they got angry with me and said they didn't believe me. Then the front desk person said she could not "lower" the rate without the manager being present. Guess when the manager would be back... after checkout! I went back to my room and immediately called the Country Inn and Suites 1-800 number. The gal at the front desk then called me back saying she would take care of it. Guess what? I have never gotten them to charge the correct amount on my credit card. After unanswered requests to credit back my card I have finally given up. You won, Country Inn and Suites. All I can do is vow to never stay at your hotel or ANY Country Inn and Suites ever again. This hotel is too much of a pain to deal with.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank destinyunbound
Minnesota
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This hotel was terrible. We (husband and I in our '50's) were traveling with Son and Daughter in law (in their 30's) and youngest son (25). We had 3 rooms at $139.00 a piece). Our room was terrible. Stains on the shower curtain - feces on the toilet seat, mirror wasn't cleaned properly and was so cloudy you could barely see yourself. Lots of stains and spots on the walls, ripped curtains, pole lamp that was tilted at a 45 degree angle, stains on all the lampshades, and a loose toilet seat. Called the front desk to have them clean the toilet and mirrow - girl left the mirror wet - and scoffed when I told her to clean the toilet seat. Staff was not friendly. Oh - and no elevator. I have an injured foot and had to walk up stairs to the second floor to where our room was located. As far as I'm concerned, the thing needs to be gutted and re-done. We were booked for 2 nights, because it was close to a family re-union spot. We ended up having to stay the second night because we didn't have time to find another hotel. Son said hot tub was 82 degrees. This is a $70.00 a night hotel - and I think $70.00 is too much. Pass on this one!!!! Oh - and I know it says it allows dogs - but at the front desk there is a sign posted that said No Pets Allowed.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter P
milwaukee
Reviewed 1 March 2008

it was a very cold wisconsin sunday -jan 6th .took my wife & 2 kids to lake geniva we chose eastroy country inn &suite because it was close and lawer in price & have indoor swimming pool.our over all experince was excellent,clean warm & friendly infact so friendly that my kids insissted that i write this review

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank akakia
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 10 August 2007

Garbage was left in the drawer from the previous stay, jacuzzi was cold and dirty, locked out of my room after the jacuzzi incident for a 1/2 hour and the breakfast area had no plates. In addition, I found five spiders crawling around the walls. Not the standard for Country Inn and Suites.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Too many to list
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank FowlerIL
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
Harbor Shores on Lake Geneva
#13 of 15 in Lake Geneva
Comfort Suites Delavan - Lake Geneva Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!