“a good value”

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here in December during our daughters basketball tournament in Eau Claire. Staying here wasn't my choice but the coach picked it as they gave us a good rate of $79.99 a night. The room was small but clean. The hallways were endless here. It seemed like you had to walk a mile to get to the pool and the upstairs hallways didn't connect. We were on the second floor and went up the first flight of stairs coming back from the pool but came to a dead end and had to go back down and then back up a different flight to get to our room. The breakfast was the usual hotel breakfast. They did have flavored waffles which was a nice mix up from the usual waffles.

The lady at the front desk, I forget her name, was very friendly and helpful in the morning directing us to UW Eau Claire for the tournament.

I wouldn't stay here again, not because it was horrible, I just wasn't impressed. Plus as a family of 5 I prefer to have a hotel with a sofa sleeper so everyone has a bed. It was fine for a cheap overnight. Looks rough from the outside.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am sitting in the hotel as I write this review and I am SO disappointed in my stay. We checked in on Thursday and walked into a room with the smoke detector beeping from a low battery. We asked the front desk to change the battery while we were out for dinner. We came back and thought it was fixed.

3:45 A.M. the smoke detector starts beeping again. Wakes me up. Wakes my sister up (who had a high stakes exam at Pearson the next day at 7:30 a.m.). The front desk attendant came in and took down the alarm.

Breakfast the next day was lacking. I don't know if this hotel gets a ton of business travelers or what, but breakfast was pretty much cleared out by 7:15. There was an orange and an apple left.

Friday night a bus full of people checked into the hotel. I have worked in the hospitality industry. I understand with a group of people you should put them on the first floor or group them on one side of the hotel to minimize complaints. I was kept up later than I wanted to because of a small herd of elephants that took over the 2nd floor. I called and complained when it was pushing 11. I couldn't stay asleep due to the noise level and was woken up at 6ish due to the elephants waking up above me. I did say something to the GM about my complaint but was so furious that I had to walk away before he responded to me.

Guest placement is Hotel 101. We couldn't have been the only room complaining. I just can't believe that I paid what I did for 2 nights of noise and no sleep. Pay extra and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay here and go else where. Noisy and you won't get any sleep.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed here numerous times and noticed issues with every room we have stayed in and the hotel in general. The most common issue is the TV channels. Half of them don't work in every room we've stayed in. The tub doesn't drain in room 110. Toilet paper holders are falling off the wall in half of the rooms as well as light fixtures. Refrigerators done work in some, the ceiling of the hall is yellowed, and most rooms have been beat up. The heaters run constantly in some rooms and leak in cold air which in turn ice's over. You have to talk to the front desk to get your sheets changed and some days they didn't even perform room service. The morning breakfast has very poor choices and are very slim. The assistant manager Steve is clueless about his job and the late night early morning girl is rude.

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2014

There were not that many people staying there but it was very noisy during the night (1:30am) and also during the early morning. The breakfast wasn't very good either. The waffle maker just made waffles you had to take out in chunks not whole waffles. All things considered I think the price was high for what we received. Don't plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business