“Awesome breakfasts!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Everything I have ever eaten his is fantastic! They have the most unique omelet combinations, and the servings are huge! The Southwest and the Peppered Bacon are my favorites. They have huge and tasty pancakes too! This is the beast breakfast place in Eau Claire, in my opinion!

There are newer reviews for The Nucleus

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I've been here many times and I've have mixed feelings. When I come here for strawberry nutella crepes, they are absolutely amazing and delicious. When I come here for eggs, they're not the best. If I'm going to get eggs, I usually get the Real Housewives of E.C. omelette, which is supposed to be healthy. There is a ridiculous amount of oil in the omelette...that much oil is just not necessary. Other than the oily omelettes, the pancakes/crepes are very good.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We saw a review of this restaurant and had to try it based on the reviews of the nutella crepe. They absolutely did not disappoint!!! The crepe was awesome - my daughter loved it. I had the stuffed french toast...also super yuumy! We enjoyed it so much we went back on our second morning to do it all over again!
Note that the place is a little funky...small sections, broken up over several renovated store fronts. This can lead to crowds - which I think probably leads to some of the reviews of poor service and long waits. We went early both days (before 9AM) and no issues, but another group in our party went later in the morning (based on our rave reviews of the food) and had extremely poor service, leaving after almost 1 hour wait to get food that had been ordered but never delivered. So, I'd say, go for the awesome breakfast but get there early!!!

1  Thank WelshHare
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times and I'm still not quite sure what to think. The breakfast burrito is very good, but overwhelmed by the amount of pork they put in it. The bagel with smoked salmon is wonderful but it's warm, cooked smoked salmon, not lox as one might expect. The coffee is very good but no refills, which seems odd for a restaurant in the US. The lemon crepes must have half a bar of cream cheese in them - no one could possibly eat that much cream cheese - and only a few berries. The proportions should be just the opposite. The blueberry buckwheat pancakes have lots of berries, but they aren't fluffy at all. Maybe that's how buckwheat always is? I do like this place and will be returning, but not without some mixed feelings.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

If I ever find myself on death row, I know what I want for my last meal. Strawberry Nutella Crepes from The Nucleus. All sweet strawberries on a bed of Nutella, wrapped in an enormous perfectly cooked crepe with fresh whipped cream and drizzled with some more Nutella. Outrageous. Husband ordered more sensibly and got 3 buckwheat pancakes and sausage, an order so large he had to give up halfway through. A single plate filling hotcake would have been enough. Service was great and the front room with its soothing colors, slate floor and sunlight peeping through the windows made this one of the best stops on our cross country trip.

There is a back room here that may or may not be the same restaurant. There are couches for seating, a bar and a view of the river behind the restaurant. It's quite a wonderful place.

1  Thank Yahooer

Been to The Nucleus? Share your experiences!