All reviews record player main building local store great retro body wash live jazz fun place to stay etta james snack selection french press unique hotel cookie cutter mid century cool decor coffee maker in the room fun night small hotel
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The Oxbow is an intimate mid-west friendly hip boutique hotel with outstanding jazz and cocktails. Guest parking, great food, hip city with music focused university. Not a chain, brunch with music on weekends.

Room Tip: All room quiet. Not near major highway noise.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison G, General Manager at The Oxbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear John H,

Thank you so much for all the love! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we did not disappoint. Safe travels, the best of wishes, and we hope to see you on your next visit to our lovely city.

Allison G., GM

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Just returned from our stay at the Oxbow Hotel. Can not say enough about this hotel. From the time we checked in to check out it was a wonderful experience. The room was very clean and loved the décor. We met the general manager Allison and were so impressed with her. She was very interested in our stay and opinion of the hotel. Had some cocktails in the bar and Cody who helped us was very friendly and helpful. We will certainly look forward to staying there again. Loved it.

Room Tip: We had a queen suite in the main building and loved it. Plenty of room.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison G, General Manager at The Oxbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Mary,

It was a sincere delight to meet you and Doug on your recent stay! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with our future guests! I hope you made it home safely and look forward to your next visit to Eau Claire.

Take care,
Allison G., GM

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I stayed two nights in early June while in Eau Claire for business. It was my first time staying at the Oxbow and I was super surprised. The Northwoods hipster aesthetic is front and center and it, along with an incredibly engaged and friendly staff, sets it apart from the chain hotels.

From my short experience I found there was an authenticity to the place- every detail of the lobby, the rooms, the grounds, the restaurant, etc., seem to be curated and intentional. I loved the vinyl LP library in the lobby, the retro furnishings and custom art (Brian Moen!) in the room, and the selection of local snacks and craft beers in the minibar. The wifi was fast and the long work table in my room made it easy to get some after-hours work done. I stayed on the floor-level of the “Flats”, and while I loved the motor lodge feel, the room was smaller than I hoped and was kind of loud being close to a busy intersection. Looking forward to maybe staying in the Main House next time.

While I was there the hotel was hosting an artist in residency from Chicago and it was cool to watch her and her team work on a building-sized mural across the street from the hotel. It’s apparent things like artist collaboration and neighborhood engagement is important to the owners.

The hotel is conveniently located downtown. From the front door of my room I was able to walk to local shops, around the rivers, and best of all - Ramone’s ice cream parlor across the street. My second night I enjoyed a really good dinner at the hotel’s restaurant, The Lakey. The weather was cooperating and I was able to sit outside in their large patio. I had their koldtbord (Norwegian charcuterie, basically) and it was awesome. I wasn’t able to go back to the patio later at night, but it looked cool with their large fire pits going.

All in all, I’m a fan and will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Main House rooms are a bit larger & quieter. The Flats are quirky cozy.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Allison G, Manager at The Oxbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thanks Scott for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us along with the great location and amenities we offer here. The main house does have quieter rooms and hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Just stayed at the Oxbow over Memorial Day weekend. Super friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were nice and clean. The bar and restaurant had great atmosphere. We didn't eat there, but we did hang out on the outdoor patio at night and listened to the fun jazz band and met some nice people. Just a real nice atmosphere and setting. I would recommend anyone staying in Eau Claire to stay at this hotel. Walking distance to a ton of bars and restaurants and parks. It was pet friendly so we brought our little pup and she had a great time too! Can't say enough about how friendly the staff was and how enjoyable our stay there was.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison G, Manager at The Oxbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are glad you enjoyed our centrally located hotel and your pup enjoyed her stay as well. Come see us again!

Reviewed 23 May 2018

Came here for an event but left incredibly impressed by the hotel and its staff. From the check in to the check out, every person on the staff was incredibly accommodating, warm and just genuinely awesome. I guess the nicest thing I could say would be that if I opened a hotel, this is one I would emulate if not outright copy. Rooms were clean, unique and comfortable (probably the best hotel mattress I've ever slept on). The food was ridiculously good and well thought out (we ate dinner and breakfast). The cocktails were inventive and well executed and served by a staff that in any other city would be pretentious because of the exceptional quality. If I lived closer this would be a regular spot for me, and I'm jealous of those that do. You will not regret staying here.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison G, Manager at The Oxbow Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

WOW! Thank you for your kind words. We pride ourselves in our exceptional customer service and the special touches we offer here. Please come stay with us next time your in town!