“awful hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Eau Claire

Motel 6 Eau Claire
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 26 August 2010

The hotel comforter was COVERED in stains. They never changed my bed sheets or pillow covers. There were always dark hair in my shower..... I have blond hair. They never wiped off the counter by the sink . The sheets smelled awful from the first night I slept there till the last. One time after the maids "cleaned" my room they left the door cracked open. They "cleaned" in the mornings which meant my room was unlocked from 9am-7pm when I get back! For a woman traveling by herself or anybody for that matter......it's unacceptable. Parts of the carpet were never cleaned. I will NEVER stay at any days in again. I'll pay more to actually have a sense of security and feel clean. I'm a college student so I'm used to not such nice things but this was just ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Days_Inn_Campus, Manager at Motel 6 Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2011

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occupied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these types of issues do not occur in the future. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Days Inn was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

We recently stayed for the weekend of the National Kubb Championship in Eau Claire WI. This was a nice, economy motel - no frills, but more than adequate for our stay. The bathroom was spotless and in excellent condition with plenty of hot water. The room itself was also quite clean with sufficient space and, although everyone has their own preference in mattresses, both my wife and I thought the bed to be very comfortable. The TV & AC both worked well.
Breakfast consisted of the usual motel fare - bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, coffee, milk, and juice. Not extravagant, but all good and enough to start our day.
Our only encounter with the staff was at check-in. The woman at the front desk was friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable.
Because of the value for our dollars, and the excellent location in relation to our needs, we will be making this our motel of choice for further visits to Eau Claire.

1  Thank oldfolkie
Reviewed 22 July 2010

Me, my wife, and two friends rented two rooms at this particular hotel room. We were on our way to Browning, Montana traveling from Winston-Salem, NC. We had been on the road for almost 19 hours and arrived late that night. When we got there, the guy at the front desk was very nice and got us our room as fast as possible. When we got to the room, they were clean, smelt nice, and were attractive. We have no complaints at all. I would recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

We stayed overnight at this Days Inn and got a king size bedroom for $50. The room was a fair size with kitchen table, tiny microwave and dorm fridge, plus bathroom. The room wasn't entirely clean--there were crumbs on the floor along the bed; but was otherwise neat. Service is friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is basically cereal, fruit, muffins and coffee. There is an exercise room with a bike and treadmill. They were pet friendly and charge $10 extra.
All in all for the money, we'd stay there again.

Reviewed 13 May 2010

Had to live in the hotel for a month while in the process of moving from MN to WI. My job started before I could find housing. I moved in with my 3 year old Lab. The hotel staff was great with my dog and I. very respectful. I was able to work with them on house keeping on the room. I would take my dog to the dog park or for a hike while they cleaned.

The only thing I wasn't sure of was the back door was always unlocked. which made it easy for anyone to gain access to the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2010

In town for events at UWEC campus. Days Inn had promoted a "cage fight" event on same evening as student honor society invocations and banquet. So you have proud
parents in a hotel literally within a block or so of campus and then the fight fans arrive.
Impossible to sleep from 2:30 AM - 4:00 AM and no one to maintain order except a
college student employee at the front desk.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2009

The previous guest had vomited into the toilet, yet the toilet seat had not been lifted and cleaned. I reported this to the front desk, a very friendly and helpful young woman that was not able to leave the desk at that time because she was the only one working.

She offered me a nearby room with a kingsize bed (something that didn't really matter to me... i was by myself). I took a look at that room, lifted the toilet seat, and found that, while it hadn't been vomited on, it had not been cleaned (dried urine). I reported this to the desk and said that I'd just as soon stay where I was, as I had already moved in, and the other room didn't offer that much more satisfaction.

About two hours later, the woman from the front desk came to my room, and above and beyond her job description, cleaned the vomit from the toilet seat. That fixed the immediate problem, but I must admit that I felt very unclean in general being in that space, and not knowing what other invisible problems may exist.

The next morning, before checking out, I stopped at the front desk where a new clerk was working. I explained the problems to him, and asked if I was going to be recompensed in any way for the problems. He didn't have a clue. He asked me to contact the manager (at my own time and expense, of course!). I did that, and I was told that I would be receiving some sort of gift certificate for my next visit... like I really WANT to visit that place again!!!

Its been a week now, and there has been no gift cerificate of any sort.

I didn't expect a gift certificate for such an experience. I expected a full and immediate reimbursement and a sincere apology from management!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo