“Tried It...Don't Know if I Will Again....” 2 of 5 bubbles

Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
GreenLeadersBronze level
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
“Tried It...Don't Know if I Will Again....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not my typical choice for overnight accommodations but decided to try it. Lobby was recently renovated so it seemed nice...offered a discount rate....even better.....then got to my room.
Ewwww!
Very outdated decor and housekeeping isn't detail orientated.
O'Reilly's Pub, attached to the facility, was a nice distraction with a live band and fun patrons.but had to leave hotel for dinner. Went to Green Mill...don't attempt this restaurant if you don't have 2 hours.

Room Tip: "Pool Side" rooms are offered...this means for the outdoor not indoor pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are constantly looking to improve our service and your feedback is much appreciated. I am sorry for your unfortunate experience at the Green Mill restaurant, however they are an off premise restaurant not affiliated with our hotel. Thank you for trying us and we hope you will try us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Muskego, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

If you are looking for a nice value, this is it. Is it 5 stars? No. Is it fancy? No. BUT it is a value. I've stayed at 5 star places that were louder than this place. I saw the cars in the parking lot so I know they had other customers but you literally couldn't hear them in their rooms. The hotel had amenities I wanted, like free wifi in room and an adequate free breakfast with cereal, yogurt, fruit and bread. The pool looked nice too. Only minor complaint was trying to regulate the temperature. It was plenty warm but I also appreciated that the fan was constantly on helping me sleep instead of turning on and off waking me up. I had arrived during a snowstorm and when I briefly left the hotel to pick up carryout dinner at a fast food restaurant close by I wasn't even gone 10 minutes and in that time the maintenance person had snowplowed the area where I had parked my car so it was all clear. In the morning I left @ 7:00am and here he was again shoveling AROUND my car so it wasn't snowed in. Very impressive! I thought everyone was very helpful and friendly there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property! Our name is the game and we work very hard to provide the most to our guests at the best value. As we like to say "More Value, More Smiles". I am glad you did not have any trouble with the snow and hopefully soon it will be spring and we can all be done shoveling! We hope to see you again soon!
New Richmond, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed for one night in a King executive/business room. Very clean. You can tell it is an older hotel. Nice size refrigerator. Microwave, hairdryer, coffeemaker. It could use a larger coffeemaker or extra coffee in the rooom for those who like multiple cups. The TV was at least a 40" flat screen, very nice. I chose this hotel since it has a balcony with two chairs outside, so we could still go outside to smoke. The only disappointment was the size of the room. I have never been in a hotel where the room was so tiny.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I agree that having that patio/balcony located off of the room is an excellent place to sit and relax, especially during the summer with a view of our outdoor pool. We will see you next time you are in Eau Claire!
Black Mountain, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We needed a resonable place to stay while visiting a family member in critical care at Sacred Heart hospital. All we needed was a clean and quiet place to stay that was very affordable and close to the hospital. This hotel provided all of that. As a family very stressed out over a medical condition, the last thing we needed was a lousy/expensive place to stay. The Americans Best Value was quiet, no frills, clean, close to the hospital and restaurants close by. Very accomodating with early check-in and late check out for those with family at Sacred Heart. Breakfast was standard fare accomodation. We had other family stay at another chain close by, they paid double the price and had about the same accomodations. Not "romantic", or memorable. Clean, safe and affordable with breakfast available. Could walk in decent weather to the hospital.

Room Tip: Offer a buy one get one free coupon for the adjoining bar area. Nice place to gather for families wh...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Arriba1985
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay at our hotel! We work very hard to provide a home-away-from-home at a great value for our guests. I hope all is well with your family member who was hospitalized, and we will see you next time you are in Eau Claire!
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE! This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at. Pool boy/wannabe a maintence worker and OWNER/manager need to take anger management classes. All they are good at is yelling at the guests and theatening to call the police if you complain. Both must have a script memorized because they were almost indentical. Owner screamed during breakfast in front of other guests he doesn't need anyone's business! The front enterance is nice until you reach your destination down the dark, cold and disgusting hallways (stains everywhere). Then it's a ride back in time...1970's. Holes in the walls, cobwebs, furniture with legs broken off, crooked toliet so you could reach the tub, lady in the hot tub with fishnet stockings on...I could go on forever! Drive away!

Room Tip: Drive down Clairemont to the next hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Nay123456
I apologize for the impression you had of the way that your complaint was handled. We hope that your next stay in Eau Claire is a much happier one.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have stayed in the past and also this January - - a clean moderately priced hotel with nice room for handicapped and nice pool and hot tub which is open early and for adults late as well. It is close to campus and has a great Pizza place attached for those late night snacks.

Room Tip: Even though the handicapped room we asked for was somewhat close to the bar and there was a band pla...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have discussed the noise level with the bar managers and they will be sure to do what they can to isolate the sound to the bar. We appreciate your feedback! Next time you are in Eau Claire please come back and visit us!
Janesville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

have been staying here for many years. used to be quality inn. the rooms are basic, starting to get some flat screen tvs!!! beds are basic, no frills. pool area is nice for grandkids. bar is great.
live bands on wkends are usually great.

Room Tip: get upstairs, quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel! I am glad that through the years you have enjoyed your stays with us. We will see you next time you are in Eau Claire!