“Its not a Hilton, but its pretty good for the price!”

Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Kansas
“Its not a Hilton, but its pretty good for the price!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our way to MI. The hotel was clean and our dog was allowed to stay with no problems. They had plenty of rooms for us even though there was a wedding, a reunion, and a 'big rig truck show' going on. Parking was a bit sparse considering the number of rooms, and the free breakfast leaves a little to be desired. Overall though this was a good, reasonably priced place to stop.

• Stayed August 2013
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with your accommodations. As one of the sponsors of the Big Rig Truck Show we tend to have quite a few quests who drive tractors with trailers the weekend of the Show, so I apologize if it was difficult to find a parking space close to your room. Please don't hesitate to stop by the next time you are in the area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Corunna, Ontario
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were traveling with two dogs (very well behaved). We arrived and were given a room ground level . They actually had a area for dogs right off the rooms with garbage cans for the baggies.
The room was very large (with two crates for the dogs they do take up space) . The room was clean and the patio door was stiff to move but worked . We were staying four nights. Every things was great till the last day. We left to go out for the day and when we arrived back at five pm we found our room half cleaned. They had taken out the garbage, left us clean towels, left us coffee ,But the beds were left unmade , coffee pot not cleaned, I don"t think they cleaned the floor
I went down to ask about it and they asked if we had put the do not distrube sign on the door , to which i said no . they could not give me a reason and so my daughter called them and ask for something off the bill as they are to do that part of the service . they took a little off the bill .
I would recommend this place not the resturant that is on sight bad greasy food . Go off down the street lots of places to eat at .

Green Features: Was great to be able to bring your pets with you to a place and have a nice room . No charge here for pets either They do ask to put the plastic and recycleables on the table for them to collect
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathy D
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. All comments are used to help us in our continuing improvement.
I am glad that you are pleased with our pet accommodations. We take pride in the fact that we are one of the few pet-friendly hotels in the city. As for the issue with certain areas of the room not being attended to, I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping department to assure that a problem like this does not happen again.
Thank you for your patronage, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Eau Claire.
Algoma, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Not a very good place for the price, single queen room was $79 PLUS a room tax of $12 = $91 for a crap hotel. Booked online for a one night stay based on star rating of 2 1/2 stars. I am not sure how they rate 2 1/2 as they only deserve 1 star, may be as high as 1 1/2. Staff where nice, check in was smooth. First room they gave us was dirty with trash all over and bed was a mess from previous guest (we checked in at 7pm so there shouldd have been ample time for maid to make up the room). At least the desk cleck came up right away with room keys for a clean room so we didn't have to go back to the front desk to sort it out. The second room was clean but musty smelling. Floor was wet for about a 3 foot circle where the AC unit was dripping on the carpet. The bed was hard and pillows flat. Bathroom was clean but small with a low low toilet with a broken seat. The tv was about 15 or 20 years old. Hotel bar is also in need of an update. I wanted to leave in the midle of the night but it was not possible with a group. Would not stay here again. Better to pay an extra $20-$40 and stay ANYWHERE else.

• Stayed June 2013
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
I am sorry for your less than perfect stay over the weekend. We made a mistake by checking you into a room in which the previous guest had checked out after housekeeping had left for the day. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. The issue with your air conditioning has been brought to the attention of our maintenance department and is being repaired.

We appreciate your feedback. Your comments help to make sure that this does not happen again in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Eau Claire hotels

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I made the bad decision to make a reservation online (for the price) for my sister who is going through some problems. She was to pay cash when she checked in and the problem is that she didn't and so the charges were put to my card without authorization. Yes, I understand that that was on my part - my fault.

However, she was allowed to stay at this horribly managed hotel due to the clerk not verifying the information correctly when she checked in. It is policy for all hotels/motels to check ID and the credit card used to place the reservation to ensure that the names match. If the names on the CC and ID do not match, the person checking in then must present another valid CC or pay deposit with cash. The clerk allowed her to stay here and charged it onto my card without even having the card present. How could the card be present? I live in MN.

I then called to see how and why this happened. I spoke with Carrie who was pleasant and willing to help me. The general manager was not as pleasant, although I explained the correct procedure and took fault for my error, he continued to try and belittle me by saying that I did this to myself.

When I asked how this happened on his end, he replied with, "I don't know. I can't answer that." All I wanted was partial payment back from them due to his employee allowing this fraudulent charge and he simply said, "then who will pay me?" He never once acknowledged that there was a clerical error on his end. He just continued to shove it all back on me even though his employee did not follow the law.

Never stayed here before, but I can say that how cheap this manager comes off on the phone probably says a lot about the quality you are paying for and will get.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Its unfortunate that you ran into these circumstances with your sister, but this review does not properly reflect our hotel as a whole. I apologize for the error in communication with the authorization process and if you would like to have a conversation including myself and your family member I would be happy to help as I can. I hope you have a pleasant time the next time you stop through Eau Claire.
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Not my typical choice for overnight accommodations but decided to try it. Lobby was recently renovated so it seemed nice...offered a discount rate....even better.....then got to my room.
Ewwww!
Very outdated decor and housekeeping isn't detail orientated.
O'Reilly's Pub, attached to the facility, was a nice distraction with a live band and fun patrons.but had to leave hotel for dinner. Went to Green Mill...don't attempt this restaurant if you don't have 2 hours.

Room Tip: "Pool Side" rooms are offered...this means for the outdoor not indoor pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are constantly looking to improve our service and your feedback is much appreciated. I am sorry for your unfortunate experience at the Green Mill restaurant, however they are an off premise restaurant not affiliated with our hotel. Thank you for trying us and we hope you will try us again.
Muskego, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 March 2013

If you are looking for a nice value, this is it. Is it 5 stars? No. Is it fancy? No. BUT it is a value. I've stayed at 5 star places that were louder than this place. I saw the cars in the parking lot so I know they had other customers but you literally couldn't hear them in their rooms. The hotel had amenities I wanted, like free wifi in room and an adequate free breakfast with cereal, yogurt, fruit and bread. The pool looked nice too. Only minor complaint was trying to regulate the temperature. It was plenty warm but I also appreciated that the fan was constantly on helping me sleep instead of turning on and off waking me up. I had arrived during a snowstorm and when I briefly left the hotel to pick up carryout dinner at a fast food restaurant close by I wasn't even gone 10 minutes and in that time the maintenance person had snowplowed the area where I had parked my car so it was all clear. In the morning I left @ 7:00am and here he was again shoveling AROUND my car so it wasn't snowed in. Very impressive! I thought everyone was very helpful and friendly there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property! Our name is the game and we work very hard to provide the most to our guests at the best value. As we like to say "More Value, More Smiles". I am glad you did not have any trouble with the snow and hopefully soon it will be spring and we can all be done shoveling! We hope to see you again soon!
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed for one night in a King executive/business room. Very clean. You can tell it is an older hotel. Nice size refrigerator. Microwave, hairdryer, coffeemaker. It could use a larger coffeemaker or extra coffee in the rooom for those who like multiple cups. The TV was at least a 40" flat screen, very nice. I chose this hotel since it has a balcony with two chairs outside, so we could still go outside to smoke. The only disappointment was the size of the room. I have never been in a hotel where the room was so tiny.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! I agree that having that patio/balcony located off of the room is an excellent place to sit and relax, especially during the summer with a view of our outdoor pool. We will see you next time you are in Eau Claire!