“ok for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Clean hotel with pool, continental breakfast, bar, and counter service restaurant connected to hotel. Stayed the night for a girls Christmas shopping trip. A band was in the bar for entertainment and dancing. It was ok for what was needed and the location was near enough to the mall and other shopping

Room Tip: Used the hotel online reservation site and the desk clerk said "I don't know what reservati...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
campusgm, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment! We pride ourselves in offering full service ammenities at an economy hotel rate. We're glad we could fullfil your needs and that you were able to enjoy our onsite pub, O'Leary's, which is a local favorite for live music every Friday and Saturday. We hope you stay with us again on your next girl's shopping weekend!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had no intention of staying in Eau Claire but with the time change and the weather I found myself not being able to continue my journey. I have stayed at other America's Best Value Inn's so I figured this was a "sure thing". I was right! The room was very clean and comfortable, the lounge was a lot of fun and even had Karoke...the bartender was extremely friendly and helpful with suggesting the restaurant "in-house"...which is always a big plus for me, as I don't want to drive once I get a room. So there you have it.... clean, warm room, awesome food, great entertainment, all under one roof !!!! My favourite. Will definitely stay there again. Forgot to mention...very reasonable rates also !!! See you in April !!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for the positive review of our establishment! We take pride in being able to offer you all you need at a great price. It is great to hear that you will be back in 2014. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was a very nice motel. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We had a first floor, 1 queen bed room with a patio door to the parking lot. Very convenient for moving luggage in and out. We didn't use the pool but looked very nice. The facility could use a little updating but all in all a good value for the price and served our purposes. I would stay here again at $20 per night cheaper than the Holiday Inn down the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RENEE B
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your business. We appreciate your review! We take pride in offering you a comfortable room at a great rate. We are continuously updating our facility, so we would like accommodate you again in the future and show you our changes. Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

No AC in the rooms, which normally wouldn't be an issue in November but the window was actually a patio door to the outside and it didn't have a screen.

Smaller room than the competitors. All things considered the price was the best thing about this hotel .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have taken your comments under advisement and our maintenance department has put a new screen on the patio door. Thank you for your business, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Great location...well priced. ..have no complaints...would stay here again....the pool was clean indoor s and ouside.house keeping was very helpful and the restaurant next door was very convenient. .... .............................. .....................

• Stayed: May 2013
campusgm, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are continuously updating and improving our property, so we look forward to seeing you again and making your next stay even better.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

my cousin and I stayed there because all the other area hotels were booked due to multiple events happening in/around that area-we were there for Rockfest concert. Anyways it could be better (the ac units are outdated, barely cool off the room). It was a basic hotel room, 2 beds, plenty of space, the shower was nice, the bathroom was clean. came with a fridge, tv, etc. My only real complaint is that a dumb drunk man came pounding on my door at 3:26am, thinking my hotel room was his hotel room. I didn't respond to his banging and shouting through the door, but had to search for the hotel desk number using my cell phone light. I eventually found the number and was able to get the night manager to come down and tell the idiot that *my* room wasn't his room. I would rate this place a 3 out of 5 stars because it's not the greatest place I've been to, but definitely not the worst place ive crashed at. I'm also confused as to why my credit card was charged a penny randomly, a few days after I stayed there. lol

Room Tip: make sure you know the front desk's number before you go to bed, in case of drunken idiots bangi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments on our hotel. I apologize that another guest made your stay less enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. Next time you are in Eau Claire please don't hesitate to stop buy and try us again. Our font desk staff is available and pleased to assist you 24 hours a day, and can be reached by dialing "0" on the phone in your room. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I booked this hotel specifically because the site I reserved it from said 24-hour pool. No. We needed a break from our cross country move (day 3), and upon our 11pm checkin were told no hot tub, for our aching bodies, no matter what, and I'm disabled especially with chronic pain. True, I should not be driving this far, but had no choice.
We opened the door and the room looked great!!! But it was a facade, a show. The mattresses in both beds dipped severely in the middle, and my teens and I got a lot closer, when we rolled into each other!!!
The room was a bit dirty. We found chips between the night stand and our beds just to start...Some time in the night I was bitten several times, but did NOT see any sign of bed bugs. That's a PLUS!
There were spiders and webs hanging from the ceiling, in the corners of the exposed beams.
The water pressure of the shower is more like a mist, but I'm sure due to water regulations, that can't be helped.
They DID take into consideration my handi-accessible room request, and our sliding door opened up to one of the courtyards/patios. That was NICE. I also wasn't put through too much for my small service dog.
I wouldn't stay here again. It all looks great on the surface, until you actually go to use something.

• Stayed: August 2013
campusgm, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Campus View, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. To the best of my knowledge, all resources we use do not state a 24-hour pool but if you can get us the name of the site you used, we will address that issue. We have replaced the beds and are reviewing your other comments to help us improve. If you are ever in the area again, please contact us to see the improvements you helped us make.