“Decent Place Compared 2 Others Around The Area”

Hampton Inn Eau Claire
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Decent Place Compared 2 Others Around The Area”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

While arriving at the hotel an hour early our room was not ready, but understandable! Then the lady told me the room would no be ready till 3, so while I came back room was still not ready! So we went to Mc Donalds next door to play for an hour and finally the room was ready for us after 4 pm! Each time I was not greeted to expectations as I also work at a hotel! I felt she was a little irrated with me for coming back and she had to keep pushing me away. Rooms were clean! Breakfast was Great! Rooms were Quiet! Only down fall was my room was not cleaned when I came back at 330 pm, so we left again! Paty cleaned the room to my expectations and tipped her well! Left a decent tip when we checked out also :) Thanks for a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicole M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Andover, Minnesota
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were greated with a very professional, nice man who was very friendly and helpful. After a long day of unexpected driving and a desire to finally celebrate our anniversary we arrived at this Hotel. The young man at the desk told us of three places to try for a late anniversary dinner and we ended up at Mona Lisa's. It was awesome and it saved the day for us.

Hotel was clean, and beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Whatever I write is going to be clouded by the still fresh in my mind greeting received upon arrival and check in. The young lady at the desk (I think her name was Laura or Lauren but her name tag was obscured) was easily the most outgoing and effervescent person I've seen in the last several years. It's amazing what a good first impression can do to affect my memory.

This hotel appears to be one of the older Hamptons. The public areas have been renovated and appear to be clean but a bit cramped. The rooms are similar in size (small) but clean. Our king room had a chair with ottoman and an old school armoire instead of closet. The air conditioner worked well but had the controls on the unit instead of a wall thermostat. There was no refrigerator in the room. The bathroom is quite small but well appointed. The exhaust fan/heat lamp combination is activated with the light switch and. based on it's Insinkerator noise level, needs to be replaced.

The bed was very comfortable. Our top floor room was quite but I'm not sure if any other guests were around us. The WiFi was good.

All in all a very nice hotel which we will certainly return to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David10_1960
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Friendly front staff. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds..The most important thing. Decent HVAC. Plenty of breakfast choices. The room was generally quiet, but once the person(s) on the floor above us woke up you could hear every step. I'd stay here again, but I'd make sure I was on an upper floor.

Room Tip: Upper floor room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Stillwater, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A good hotel, and well worth the price. As with all hotels they should get rid of the TVs in public areas or make them wireless audio to headphones. Room was adequate, staff were helpful, breakfast was good. Made extra effort to find a restaurant that had what I wanted.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here for a week on business and it was nice. The staff was very nice. The roooms were average, felt a bit old. Over all it was a nice place just needs a frehening up. I would recomend this hotel, it's just not the cleanest,freshest Hampton I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Solon Springs, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This Hampton Inn & Suites was not the nicest one we have ever stayed at. However, it was very clean and quiet. The pillows were flat and lumpy as probably should have called to ask for new ones. The breakfast area is very small, so get there early if your in a hurry. Or, just bring your food back to your room. The pool area was very small as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family