“super clean, great pool for the kids and quiet”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Chicago, Illinois
“super clean, great pool for the kids and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have stayed here for one night each Summer for the last three years so it is very consistent. The place is clean, the staff is friendly and helpful (especially Jenny) and there is a very nice indoor pool and hot tub. Free coffee and a nice light breakfast in the morning.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Elmwood.MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I've stayed at this hotel before back in March and had a nice stay. This time completely opposite. The attitude from the staff was auful. When we checked in we were ask to sign something stating that if we smoked they were going to charge us 250.00 usd. My husband explained that we did not smoke and therefore didn't feel nessesary to sign. The young girl got an attitude with us and said she would not let us stay unless we signed. If you don't smoke you don't smoke we told her. She then again was hateful and unreasonable. I appreciate that the hotel is smoke free. But having a guest sign something that they could charge us alot of money for something we don't do is not right. She's got alot to learn and management as well. We will not be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Stacieelmwoodmn
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, 18 September 2011
We take our no-smoking policy very seriously. Guests appreciate that we take it seriously as many hotels say they are non-smoking but then guests smoke in the rooms which then leaves an odor for future guests. All we ask for are initials by our smoking policy to ensure all guests are aware of it. This prevents any miscommunication problems. If smoking is done in the room, we will charge that guest $250.00. This is also mentioned upon check in.
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

My son and I stayed here overnight.
The place was clean and nice.
The hot tub could have been hotter.
The guy at the front desk was very helpful and recommended a great place for dinner in downtown Eau Claire, Houligans.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

I stopped at the AmericInn while I was traveling for business. My expectations were met. From the moment I entered the hotel I was impressed. The lobby was very warm and inviting. They had chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven. The little touches made a big impression. The employee working the desk was friendly and even offered coupons for local dining. My room was very clean. They provided more amenities than other hotels such as make-up remover wipes, shoe shine cloths and lotion. My whirlpool tub even had bath salts. I could tell that the staff really cares about the hotel from the details I saw. Breakfast was more than I expected from waffles to french toast to pancakes and eggs and bacon. This place really has it together! Great job!

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Fifty Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

super clean,people very nice,beds were excellent,hotel was spotless,very hot water,oh ya and very good FREE breakfast,,,, thank you for our nice stay,,,mark !!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Hibbing, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I'm not in agreement with the review below mine at all, we did not experience any "problems" such as those on our stay. I just checked out of this hotel after a two night stay on our way home from a family vacation and we enjoyed the stay very much. This is actually our second time staying at this location - we stayed one night back in August '10 and liked it so much we planned for staying two nights on our family trip.

Maybe I am biased, since we had our dog with us, but I don't see the problem with allowing dogs - they do live in people's houses after all. People consider their dog a member of the family. In fact, we will look for AmericInns in the future because of their policy of allowing dogs, as it is very convenient for us to bring our dog along on trips. There is an extra fee when you have a pet with you but it is minimal.

I was curious about the water situation so I asked. The reason for the notice is because they have well water and thus have to post about nitrates that are in well water because it's a public place. So if you have a well at home chances are there are traces of nitrate in your water. Unless the previous poster is an infant or pregnant, it shouldn't matter, as per the notice in the room. Since I did have a toddler with me, I used the provided filtered water for her to drink but I used the tap water for everything else with no problems.

I saw no bugs and the milk was not expired during our stay - the front desk even gave me a few cartons of milk well after breakfast was over for my daughter to drink with her lunch; it was very nice of them to save me a trip to the gas station by doing so.

This is a minimal hotel - no restaurant, fitness room, not much nearby and only two floors. The price is very good for what you do get and the place is very quiet. We had the pool and spa essentially to ourselves most of the time. The staff is very friendly and helpful and they have one of the best stocked continental breakfasts I've ever had. Absolutely no complaints from this family of five. Should we ever be in the area, we will be back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank greenfamily55746
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I booked at this hotel based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. Within 5 minutes at this hotel, I wished I had gone to another hotel.

If you do not mind a hotel that allows dogs in any room (one across from us had at least 2 barking dogs), souvenirs of the last hotel patron in the bathtub (along with a live black bug-in March!), water warnings that nitrates have been found, and breakfast with expired milk in a fridge that registered 48 degrees..then this is the place you should stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank NebraskaNess
texaco16, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
As a pet friendly hotel, we do allow dogs in our rooms. The guest with the barking dogs was notified immediately of the complaint, and was told future complaints or barking would result in the termination of their stay. The barking stopped within minutes and no future complaints were made.

Occasionally, a bug may appear in a room just like a home. We have monthly pest control services come out to the property to spray in order to prevent bugs, but living in Wisconsin, there are insects and they may find a way in.

The milk that was in the breakfast refrigerator expired on 3/28, the same day the guest found it. It was not past the expiration date. The temperature of the refrigerator was at 38 degrees, not 48 degree. During breakfast hours when we are busy and the refrigerator is constantly being opened and shut, it will warm up.

We have the health department come out for their inspections of our rooms and breakfast area and have never failed one.