“Tired travelers”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 2 April 2014

First time here. Been traveling by car 3 days and this was our 3rd hotel. I was surprised for a Tues. how hard of time finding a decently rated hotel in this area. Finally we had to take our chances. The lobby was very inviting. Except no one was at desk for about 5 minutes. First thing I noticed the pool and hot tub area had been drained and sign said closed. HUGE disappointment as we really wanted to soak in the hot tub. Also no elevator. When young lady desk staff came I was a little hard on her saying I may not want to keep my reservation because the pool was down and no elevator. She was very considerate and apologetic. She understood. She even suggested a place that we may find suitable for us. But then realizing we we were so weary and the place she suggested was way too much money, I apologized and said we would take it. The price was right in the ball park which we normally pay. She even said she would give us a first floor room. The room was surprisingly clean and updated first floor room. The only thing was the heating/cooling system could only be controlled by wall thermostat. We had a really hard time getting warm air ( it was 32 degrees outside ). We turned up to 72 but then it blew steady and got too warm. So we turned it down to 68 and it threw really cold air. No way to control the vents. The TV was high def. the bathroom very clean and like the separated shower and toilet from sink area, beds comfy. Refrigerator in room. No microwave. One big problem, I had to plug in iPad, WiFi and cell and all but one outlet would accept the chargers. The holes were too big and so they could not connect to the power source in outlets. I had to keep switching out the chargers for my appliances. Another issue was the one I had never encountered before. Sign said the drinking water had Nitrates and so we thought we should not drink it. BUT they do have a filtered water fountain in 2 places in the hotel and also,say they use filtered water for the coffee. Didn't try breakfast. I have to admit it was quiet but it was a Tues. night. Not a lot of choices around the area but we were fine with that. I would stay again but only if pool and hot tub were available to use. Did not see a fitness center. Coffee /tea in lobby. Fireplace in lobby and inviting atmosphere when you enter.

Room Tip: Keep in mind no elevator and don't drink the water from faucets,and not sure what water the ice...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Moberglake
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are sorry we did not meet all of your expectations. The pool was closed in order to be repainted. We made a huge effort to notify all guests, but sad to say we missed a couple. Once again, we are extremely sorry that we were not able to offer you our pool and whirlpool in which we normally offer.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everyone we meet was very helpful and nice. We were traveling with a small puppy and were able to find us a nice room. It was easy to find off the interstate .felt homey and comfortable in the lobby. Looked in on the pool area and it looked very inviting. Breakfast was good and fruit was fresh.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you so very much for your kind words pertaining to your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our guests so thank you for taking the time to do that for us! Hopefully, if you are ever in the area you do not hesitate to stay with us again. Thank You!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just there on business, but staff was great and room was very comfortable. The location around the hotel isn't much, but the hotel is very nice. There is a nitrate problem with the water, but they tell you that. If you need filtered water they do have it available. It was not a problem for me.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review for our property. We appreciate your honest feedback pertaining to your stay with us. We are also very glad you had a satisfying stay here at the AmericInn of Eau Claire. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

5 of us sisters from around MN and WI try to meet here every year, but alas this time only 3 made it. Nevertheless, as always, we vowed to come back here again for a weekend together like the 7 years before. The staff are always so cheerful, accomodating and helpful and make the stay enjoyable. The rooms are awesome and the free breakfast bar with the waffle maker is a hit and so nice to be able to come down in our jammies and enjoy coffee and breakfast together without leaving the hotel. Thank you Americ Inn of Eau Claire! We'll see you in March 2015 if not sooner!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for always sharing the experience you have here at our hotel year after year! We look forward to seeing you and your sisters for the years to come and hope that the satisfaction of your stay never changes! We are looking forward to seeing you all again in 2015!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Clean rooms and easy location. Friendly staff made the experience pleasurable. We even slept threw our check out time (Oops daylight savings) with no obnoxious wake up from the house keeping. Very Nice!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our property. We appreciate your kind words very much. We are also so very happy to hear that your stay with us was nothing less than satisfying! Hopefully, if you are ever around the area again you do not hesitate to stay with us again. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

After getting stuck in bad weather I stopped at Americ Inn Eau Claire. I didn't have a reservation but they were very accommodating and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My check in was easy and the lobby was clean and welcoming. My room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable, pillows were nice and the room was quiet. I would recommend staying at this motel to everyone! Thank you for taking some of the stress out of my day. I will be back!

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor and still very quiet!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

We are always happy to help out in any way possible. I am so very glad you had a pleasant stay with us and you made it home safely! Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

I travel for business and have a hotel budget that is very specific. For this reason, I chose this hotel because it was the most affordable and I'm famililar with the Americinn hotel chain. This hotel is close to 94, which makes it convenient and the surrounding area does offer several food options, but they are primarily fast food. If you drive east for another 15 - 17 minutes, you have a wide variety of shopping/restaurant options.

I've stayed at several Americinns in other locations and this hotel was by far the least updated. There isn't an elevator so if you need to be on the 2nd floor, you don't want to have a lot of luggage. The staff is very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast had a nice selection. The pool looks nice, but I didn't have a chance to use it.

Honestly, this hotel was fine for business travel - comfortable enough - no bells or whistles. The only huge negative is that there's a sign in the bathroom that indicates the water is not fit for drinking. It's well water and contains a percentage of nitrates that exceeds the FDA's guidelines for safe water. Children, pregnant women and anyone with compromised health are warned not to drink it. They do provide filtered water for drinking, but I was a bit wary about having to bathe and wash my hair in it. For this reason, I'm not sure that I would return, which is disappointing.

I was reluctant to write a review, but I think it's important to know if a family intends to stay here because of its affordability. My apologies to the great folks at the Americinn in Eau Claire.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 2nd floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy D
texaco16, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Eau Claire, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you so very much for your honest feedback pertaining to your most recent stay with us here in Eau Claire. We are so very sorry that all of your expectations were not met. We apologize for the weary nitrate sign but thank you for understanding the purpose of it. Fortunately, we will be updating many sections of the hotel very soon! Hopefully, if you are ever in the area again you stop in to check out our new look. We would love a second chance to give you an even better impression of us. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Have a fantastic day!