“As always, Country Inn and Suites delivers.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Eau Claire
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I was on a business trip to Eau Claire. I had previously stayed at the CI&S in Chippewa Falls, but the Eau Claire one was closer to where I was working. They are always clean, good for office work, serve good breakfasts and have decent workout areas/pools. In addition, this is the only franchise that I'm familiar with that has a lending library. You take a book(I did NOT have time to read for pleasure this trip) and return it the next time you go to a CI&S. I was able to use the workout area daily both before and after work. Did I tell you about the homemade Chocolate Chip cookies that are waiting for you when you check in??? Next time I'm in Eau Claire, I will stay here. As I told the Manager, the only disadvantage is the lack of an attached restaurant/bar like the one in Brookfield, Wisconsin.

Room Tip: It is off the freeway, so it does not matter what room you get except, I would stay away from the po...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 April 2013

it was just what we neededfor a short trip. The breakfast area was very small but the beds were comfortable.The clerk at the front desk was even letting everyone use her snowbrush. I told myself to make sure I got her namebut of course I forgot. Very pleasant employee. We would stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Actually, the place was totally adequate. Clean with comfortable beds. Unfortunately, there was a strong odor of swimming pool chlorine all through the first floor. The pool was just next to the lobby and the smell was a bit unpleasant. Breakfast room was very small and was a bit sparse on the protein end.

I stay at a lot of Carson Country Inns and this one is one of my less memorable. The best part of the stay was speaking with the extremely pleasant girls working at the front desk. Great attitudes can make up for a lot of other shortcomings. It's close to a few decent restaurants.

Room Tip: Stay far away from the pool area. Also, there is no back door to the lobby. Drop everything at the f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I travel often in my job and I have stayed at this motel more than once. It is always spotless and the personnel were very nice. The breakfast was adequate although I don't much care for the eggs thet were a powder or something I know many motels have them. I did not have a reservation and I had no problem getting in. Checking in and out was easy. Overall I have been very pleased with this motel

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were not so pleased with our visit this time. We had a noisy neighbor upstairs sounded like he was jumping around until after 1am. The breakfast was terrible. Fresh fruit was FROZEN I put it on my oatmeal hoping for it to thaw... Not so much. Biscuits were dry. Again, not the best. Hate to say this but it has been two in a row of unpleasant stays. Room for improvement!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Wiscmom2
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Overall this hotel is nice. Good location walking distance to Target and Starbucks. Room was clean and updated. Breakfast could have gone smoother, lots of big tables in a very small area and beware the waffle maker does not cook correctly. Overall very good stay for Eau Claire.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ChicagoKman
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Visiting Eau Claire for a graduation, this was a very good location, easy to get to, certainly has everything around it, and easy to get where you needed to go.
Friendly, efficient front desk, clean and comfortable room. Nice breakfast. A good value as far a I'm concerned!

Room Tip: Near a major intersection & freeway, so request a room on the north (back) side for more quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family