“Clean, Safe, Comfortable”

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Eau Claire
Hampton, Virginia
“Clean, Safe, Comfortable”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I took a leap of faith when I booked this one based on the trip advisor reviews (Knights Inn in my neck of the woods do not have a good reputation) However, I was not disappointed. The staff was friendly and helpful and it was one of the BEST rooms I have stayed in. The bed was comfortable, there was a desk and a recliner, the a/c unit was new so you don't have any of that stale smoke odor you usually get at a budget hotel. (hotel, the room doors open to an inside hallway) The halls, now, are a work in progress but I feel confident that in a few months, they will be up to the same standard as the rooms are. Breakfast was as reviewed- sugar cereal, white bread and bagels, danish. Coffee- powder creamer, and I think the OJ was sunnyD. Places to eat are a short drive, gas is nearby. I felt safe leaving my bike parked out front. It was the BEST $45.39 I ever spent.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MotorcycleTraveler42

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

We just needed a place to sleep. In at 10pm and out by 8am. The outside is a little scary and the tiny lobby is warn bot the person who helped us was friendly and helpful. Everything in the room worked and most importantly it was clean. Better then expected for the $60.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Minnetonka
Reviewed 28 June 2012

For $52/night, let's just say it could have been worse. It generally was dark and dreary. They say it is a "non-smoking" motel, but you can most definitely smell the smell of smoke under the mask of (nasty) heavily scented hallways. If our room had smelled like that, I would have bolted because literally I had to hold my breath walking through the halls. I was surprised to find a fridge and microwave in room. The bed was okay, pillows flat. The tub bottom had a huge nasty gouge in it and you had to position yourself away from that while taking a shower. At about 10:30 at night, my daughter went to the bathroom and flushed and the handle broke off. We called up to the front desk and surprisingly, they were there in about 10 minutes and fixed it. If you are short money and hard up for a room, this is your place. Otherwise - you can do much, much better.

Room Tip: I would be surprised if there is a 'good' room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We needed a place to stay because we could no longer continue our road trip. We found the knights inn, read reviews and in the end we were happy with our choice. The inn is off route 94 and there are some needed ammenities nearby. When we entered the room', it was extremely clean. My sister checked the linens and mattresses. No bed bugs, no stains on any bedding or towels. Every year we take this long road trip and we will definitely stay here again. Oh.....and I have to add that the price was phenomenal!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Kim B
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 6 June 2012

So let's get right to the point - this is a budget motel and nothing else. There is no pool. It's a little bit out of the way (It's at least five minutes to any real choice of restaurants other than the McDs and family restaurant nearby). The morning breakfast is white bread toast, sugared cereal, and weak coffee/juice.

Having said that, I would willingly stay here again.

As others have said:
*This motel is CLEAN. The owner's clearly take pride in things. The motel has signs of wear, but it is as clean as you would expect from much more expensive hotels. I had no second thoughts about walking around barefoot in my room.

*This motel is inexpensive. With a discount for staying two nights (in town for a workshop at UWEC) my total cost AFTER taxes was less than one night before taxes at the motels closer to campus. The 10-15 minute drive is well worth it!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

What can I say? Completely smoke-free, clean rooms, toiletries in the bathrooms, FAST wifi (Netflix worthy), great continental breakfast, helpful staff, and a stupidly low price (family of 4 for $59 + tax!)

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephen V
Crosby, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We did our due diligence before staying at this motel. Glad we did, as the outside makes the place look worse than it is. Inside was lovely and clean. The owners obviously have taken great pride in making upgrades to an old motel. The queen bed and pillows were great and we slept very well. The only complaint I would have would be the (free) breakfast: sugar and white flour. We ended up eating elsewhere as we try not to eat either. A whole grain cereal and/or wheat toast and peanut butter would be a welcome addition. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple